Anyone use youmail? Is it user friendly? Any hidden charges from verizon? Thanks for the help
    06-14-09 03:35 PM
    Youmail is awesome!!! Very easy to use. Some have stated they charge you 1 minute for each call that is transferred to Youmail's voicemail system. Haven't checked my bill to confirm. However, others have stated to add the Youmail number to your Friends and Family and you should be good. All of this is if you are concerned about minutes. Not an issue for me. Anyway, I love Youmail. Check out the Youmail website online for more info. Click here
    06-14-09 04:09 PM
    There's no charge for basic Youmail service from either Youmail or Verizon. (Just checked my bill.)

There is a premium Youmail that provides some additional functionality, but I don't have any experience with it.

I think it's a great service. The personalized greetings are pretty cool and get lots of comments from friends and family.
    06-14-09 05:32 PM
    I also think it's fantastic. Took a bit to get it set up for my purposes- didn't like it sending an SMS, as well as an email, as well as an alert to the YouMail icon that I had a voicemail, but after that it was great. And my friends/family love the personal messages when they call!
    06-14-09 07:09 PM
    Anyone use youmail? Is it user friendly? Any hidden charges from verizon? Thanks for the help
    i find youmail very use friendly with the best part about it is it's FREE!!
    06-14-09 07:12 PM
    Youmail is great, and even better when paired with VyMail. VyMail is an alternative VVM to Youmail's own VVM app. I think VyMail is better because it allows you to set tone alerts, whereas Youmail's doesn't.
    06-14-09 07:37 PM
    Can telus Customers Get YouMail...i've heard such great things about it..but I dont think it is available for Telus Customers? if someone can provide information otherwise i would love to hear it..
    06-14-09 08:02 PM
    Youmail is great, and even better when paired with VyMail. VyMail is an alternative VVM to Youmail's own VVM app. I think VyMail is better because it allows you to set tone alerts, whereas Youmail's doesn't.
    I too use Vymail and it's great. BUT... be careful to NOT set "Sync Interval" to zero. I did that thinking it meant "don't sync" but zero actually means "check constantly"!! It killed my battery life until I found that and changed it.
    06-14-09 09:59 PM
    I have youmail... its free however i decided to pay the $19.99 for the unlimited storage. Its nice to be able to save all your messages especially for business purposes.
    06-14-09 10:21 PM
    i like it. it works even better for me now since the newest official OS update. i was having a bit of trouble with it tonight, but i cant tell if that was due to my low signal, or what. its nice to be able to check your voicemail on the internet if you need to also.

out of curiosity though, if i decided to stop using it, how would i switch back to regular verizon voice mail again?
    06-14-09 10:27 PM
    You dial *73 and then *86 and you'll be back on vvm again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 10:35 PM
    YouMail and VyMail combo here. Absolutely love it. For Telus question, YouMail works in conjunction with call forwarding feature from your carrier. If you have call forwarding, I don't think it should be a problem. But I don't know Telus.

06-14-09 10:54 PM
    u get texted every missed call.
    06-14-09 10:55 PM
    u get texted every missed call.
    You can turn off text alerts within My Account > My Alerts.
    06-14-09 11:00 PM
    I don't have unlimited text so I only have YouMail email me. I have it set to email me the mp3 file of the voicemail. That way Verizon can't charge me for text messages. Also, I find it very convenient to have voicemails as mp3 files.

06-14-09 11:04 PM
    Its free. The minute thing is since the call is forwarded, verison charges how long the caller uses to leave the message

06-15-09 12:26 AM
    Its free. The minute thing is since the call is forwarded, verizon charges how long the caller uses to leave the message
    If you have VZW's Friends and Family, you can add the YouMail number to the list, so those calls will be free.
    06-16-09 03:29 PM
    If you have VZW's Friends and Family, you can add the YouMail number to the list, so those calls will be free.
    The exact set-up I have. Free regardless of how long the person leaves you a message. Free when you call in to check your messages (but most times I usually do it through VyMail).

I know this thread is about YouMail but gotta love Friends and Family. I have Google 411 added as one of the numbers and whenever I have to call a business, I connect through Google 411 and I don't use a single minute regardless of length of the call.
    06-16-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD