Either I'm ignorant and can't physically see where the option to insert a number from my contacts intoa text msg or there isn't one at all!

Even if I go the contact I'm trying to send there isn't an option..

Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:57 PM
    You have to 'compose' an SMS text, press the menu button and click 'Add Contact'
    05-29-09 07:59 PM
    or go to the contact press the BB button and select SMS 'contact name'
    05-29-09 08:03 PM
    Or do you mean physically inserting a phone number into the body of a text message? If so, you will probably have to use the copy and paste method.

If you are trying to send a text message to a number that isn't in your contact list, you can type the numbers in to the "To" field when you start the text.
    05-29-09 08:07 PM
    Sorry about that.. I was refering to inserting a contact number into the BODY of a txt msg

05-29-09 08:14 PM
    Sorry about that.. I was refering to inserting a contact number into the BODY of a txt msg

Well in that case, Morf32 is correct. You'll have to do something else like copy and paste.
    05-29-09 08:15 PM

Then you will have to use the copy and paste method. Just copy the phone number you know you will be inserting into the text message... then start the text message and paste the number.
    05-29-09 08:16 PM
    Then you will have to use the copy and paste method. Just copy the phone number you know you will be inserting into the text message... then start the text message and paste the number.
    Yep, my girlfriend's Nokia dumbphone actually allows one to just forward contact info, and the Storm doesn't, tsk tsk :P
    05-29-09 08:39 PM
    You can forward BB messenger contacts using the BBM.

05-29-09 09:09 PM
    If you send the message as a mms instead of an sms, there is an option to attach a contact to the message. But if you are only trying to put a number into your message from the contacts, Morf's method is the way to go.

05-29-09 09:17 PM
    If you send the message as a mms instead of an sms, there is an option to attach a contact to the message. But if you are only trying to put a number into your message from the contacts, Morf's method is the way to go.

That's right! I forgot all about being able to do that with MMS!
    05-29-09 09:19 PM
    +1

That mms trick rulez

05-30-09 12:01 AM
    I usually just go to a contact click on them then hit menu/send sms

or speed find them by searching obviously..
    05-30-09 04:24 AM
    Yep, my girlfriend's Nokia dumbphone actually allows one to just forward contact info, and the Storm doesn't, tsk tsk :P
    RIGHT!? This is exactly what i'm thinking.. i know plenty of other phones that make it easier...

Ah - There is the answer my friends!

I usually just go to a contact click on them then hit menu/send sms

or speed find them by searching obviously..

Last edited by YAMAHA1483; 05-30-09 at 04:51 AM.
    05-30-09 04:46 AM
    RIGHT!? This is exactly what i'm thinking.. i know plenty of other phones that make it easier...

ahh my bad.. I thought you meant physically creating a text message not adding on into a text message to send the phone number.
    05-30-09 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD