I haven't really complained about this topic before, but today something is different.....

My phone has restarted 6 times already in the last 2 hours, 4 times with me surfing the web... It used to only do it driving back and forth from work (where the signal strength is low or non existant) now it just seems to be doing it whenever it wants...

I wiped it and threw .75 back on it, and within 10 minutes of it being back up, white screen, then reboot!!!! (Hadn't put my backup or apps back on it yet!)

Wow, this is aggravating, there has to be something wrong with the phone, b/c it wasn't even close to this bad until today... Actually I went a few days without it restarting at all....

I can honestly understand why so many of you guys were complaining before.... If you guys had/have the same trouble I'm going through you have every right to B!tch... Once or twice a day is ok, but WTF is up with this??
    12-15-08 11:49 AM
    Try pulling the sim card and leaving it out.
    12-15-08 11:51 AM
    Yeah, that would definetly **** me off, did you try doing a wipe and reinstalling the os from scratch?
    12-15-08 11:53 AM
    Do you not need the sim card unless you are traveling over seas?
    12-15-08 11:54 AM
    lol i went into AT&T today to look at the iphone, and i was looking at the bold as well, beautiful phone the bold is, i was also playing with the iphone they both have there awesome points. But when the rep came over to talk to me, because i need a phone on a GSM network or atleast a phone with GSM capabilities, i brought up the Storm and he's like, yeah ive heard a lot of people calling it the S H I T storm. lol, this phone is awesome but small problems like this i don't know if i can justify buying the phone
    12-15-08 11:54 AM
    Do you not need the sim card unless you are traveling over seas?
    No.
    Only reason for it to be in is overseas travel or unlocking to try on another network.
    Other than that it is seemingly an unnecessary point of failure that is linked to the screen click and the 2 T6 screws.
    12-15-08 11:57 AM
    ok i have read this before, i first thought when they said pull the sim card they were talking about the SD card, but your talking about the verizon sim card eh?

does the phone work with out it?

what is it for, sorry for the nubbie question
    12-15-08 11:59 AM
    No.
    Only reason for it to be in is overseas travel or unlocking to try on another network.
    Other than that it is seemingly an unnecessary point of failure that is linked to the screen click and the 2 T6 screws.
    Ok, thanks for the info, I will take it out if its not needed
    12-15-08 11:59 AM
    No.
    guess you answered my question, but what do you mean linked to screen click and 2 T6 screws.

does it make the screen click worse if you pull it out? please explain

also, i assume i power down before pulling it.
    12-15-08 12:01 PM
    That's the main reason for me returning it. To many problems
    12-15-08 12:01 PM
    ok i have read this before, i first thought when they said pull the sim card they were talking about the SD card, but your talking about the verizon sim card eh?

does the phone work with out it?

what is it for, sorry for the nubbie question
    Yes, it's the OTHER card back there, that says verizon on it. The eraser of a pencil helps get it out, and it works fine without it.

I would pull my battery before I pull the card, when it reboots it defaults your network settings to what they should be. (1XEV)
    The 2 T6 screws that everyone is loosening to make their screens click better, is somehow directly affecting the sim card slot.
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 12-15-08 at 12:06 PM.
    12-15-08 12:02 PM
    Yes, it's the OTHER card back there, that says verizon on it. The eraser of a pencil helps get it out, and it works fine without it.
    ok did it and rebooting now.

thanks for the eraser pencil ideal, worked perfectly!!

so what is the T6 and screen you were talking about with the sim card?
    12-15-08 12:05 PM
    wow it seemed to boot up faster!
    12-15-08 12:07 PM
    any restarts so far?
    12-15-08 01:55 PM
    Well, it has happened to me twice in the last few hours so I'm going to remove the sim card now. I don't want to start going through battles because I love this phone.
    12-15-08 03:09 PM
    Same for me. I removed SIM and five minutes later it rebooted again.
    12-15-08 03:18 PM
    Same for me. I removed SIM and five minutes later it rebooted again.
    Did you pull your battery first? Or at least make sure your network was set to 1X EV ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 04:15 PM
    Well after my rant I called vzw and told them my phone was getting worse, the guy put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then told me the replacement would be sent out today next day aired. The funny thing is i've now gone the entire day without a restart. Lol. I did however check and my service was set to global and I switched it to 1X EV. So I guess maybe that helped it. If it reboots again i'll try pulling the sim card. I'm still going to have a problem if that fixes it because I am overseas every other month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 11:43 PM
    I am sick and tired of the reboots. They happen at such odd times. I will pull the battery and SIM and give that a shot.
    12-16-08 07:04 AM
    my phone has restarted 3 times in the last half hour... it's been doing this all day! Any solutions??
    12-16-08 04:47 PM
    I have been having this problem since I bought the phone on release day. I am currently on my second storm. As a pilot I visit many locations and I'm sure I hook up to many towers, but it only seems to reboot when I am at home. It seems very random, some days it never happens and some days it happens up to 10 times. I went to my VZW store today and the rep told me his did it also and to look for another update after x-mas. Did anyone have any success with removing the sim card?? I would exchange the phone for another make but I like the Storm's potential too much to give up yet. I am very surprised RIM hasn't fixed the problem yet since so many people are experiencing this. Every time it happens I want to throw it at the wall.
    12-16-08 05:00 PM
    It's weird how random this is. Some people (like the OP) have it happen all the time. Others (like myself) have never had it happen. You'd think that if there was something wrong with the phones, they'd all do it. I wonder if there is a common factor between the people who are having the problems........dunno.
    12-16-08 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD