I'm getting confused about lots of post speaking about being able to buy a Storm & unlocking it for other carriers, even the Storm contest on here say you will get an unlocked phone.

I posted a question directly on the Vodaphone forum enquiring about buying a handset only & unlocking it, I got this response from a Vodaphone employee.

Hi CGSCOT,

The Blackberry Storm will be coming out locked to Vodafone, and at present there are no plans to release it without a contract as it is exclusive to Vodafone.

Paul
    eForum Team
    So how are we going to get handses only & get them unlocked ?
    11-04-08 01:53 PM
    Here's your answer--> Vodafone UK BlackBerry Storm Launch Nov 7th. | BlackBerryNews.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 01:55 PM
    CX,
    I know you probably get irritated with all the noob questions but really we well I appreciate your input and help and confirmation on things. now for the question. I did look at the link you provided here. Does that also work for Telus? or will I have to wait on it to come to Telus to use the storm? also, sorry so many but the storm is available on the 7th there so would it be best to wait for Telus to get it so there are newer OS?
    thanks for your help now and in the future.
    Sarah

Here's your answer--> Vodafone UK BlackBerry Storm Launch Nov 7th. | BlackBerryNews.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 02:43 PM
    ow i'm not sure if you're pointing me to that site to say just buy one from phones4u / vodaphone or the sim free link at the side
    11-05-08 07:25 AM
    CX,
    I know you probably get irritated with all the noob questions but really we well I appreciate your input and help and confirmation on things. now for the question. I did look at the link you provided here. Does that also work for Telus? or will I have to wait on it to come to Telus to use the storm? also, sorry so many but the storm is available on the 7th there so would it be best to wait for Telus to get it so there are newer OS?
    Sarah
    You will have to wait for Telus, since they are CDMA
    11-05-08 08:53 AM
    CX,
    Sarah
    Yes Sarfraz you will. But I PM'd you a link to a news article I found. It also has the estimated Telus release date. Also, you may PM me anytime if you have any questions.
    11-05-08 08:57 AM
    wait i dont get it, talk about confusion ..

i asked the exact same question yesterday and was basically told to stfu lol ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/inf...d-phone-90157/

so is it, or is it not going to be available somewhere unlockable/unlocked?!
    11-05-08 10:56 AM
    I received it and thank you I also replied.
    Sarah

Yes Sarfraz you will. But I PM'd you a link to a news article I found. It also has the estimated Telus release date. Also, you may PM me anytime if you have any questions.
    11-05-08 11:19 AM
    wait i dont get it, talk about confusion ..

i asked the exact same question yesterday and was basically told to stfu lol ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/inf...d-phone-90157/

so is it, or is it not going to be available somewhere unlockable/unlocked?!
    ^ ^ Can i get an answer on this? still seeing conflicting info all over.

Thanks all
    11-06-08 11:39 AM
    hate to do it, but ... bump
    11-06-08 10:24 PM
    oh this is crazy, does anyone have this answer? i hate to keep bumping, but d really like the answer
    11-07-08 12:09 PM
    ok im slightly more confused now than i was before lol ... i dont understand any of that stuff

if i have VZW, and a friend has ATT, and another friend has TMobile, and another has Sprint ... assuming nobody minds paying ridiculous full retail, is it possible for all of us to have the storm??
    11-07-08 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD