Hi there everybody. This is my first post as I am very new to blackberry devices and therefore this forum. Considering my beginner status, please bear with me if this question has been asked again and again on this forum. (Although I looked and didn't see it addressed... :P )

I have the storm 9530 (I think) on Verizon Wireless. It is running v4.7.0.75. I just picked it up yesterday.

Messing with the phone settings this morning (the booklet isn't very helpful at all and I like to play with it to learn) I discovered that if I push the BB button twice from the home screen and click on options, it allowed me to change the number of icons on the home screen and the wallpaper, and maybe something else but I don't remember. I changed the number of icons to 4 (1 row of 4 instead of 2 rows of 4) and saved the changes.

Now if I hit the BB button twice from the home screen, and click options... nothing happens. No options menu from the home menu. I can click away and it doesn't make a difference. I can't find anything in the "manual" about why this may occur. I don't get it!

I was able to restore the 2 rows by defaulting the theme, but still no options menu from the home menu!

Is this a common problem? Am I going to have to go to Verizon to get this fixed? I know it's a minor problem, but I want to have full use of my new device regardless of what it costs.

I was thinking maybe it needs an update? Beats me! Please, any help is appreciated. I apologize if this topic has been covered before on this forum. Thank you!
    01-24-09 11:49 AM
    Pull the battery out and then put it back
    01-24-09 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply. Before I posted, I turned it off and back on, but that didn't fix it. I didn't think to take out the battery.

Now it's working...Thanks.
    01-24-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD