My wife got her first BB this past weekend, though not a storm, I have one, she is loving her flip, however she's a yahoomail user and after days of trying, can't seem to setup sync properly.
    Everytime we try to use DM to sync her contacts with yahoo, it freezes up at the "reading yahoo address book" stage. I let it sit there for almost 20 minutes yesterday and she's tried from a different computer today. I just can't seem to figure it out.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    06-30-09 11:54 AM
    I've got the same issue going on that just started last night. I've been searching everywhere for a solution. If I find one, I'll post back.

Cheers,

Ian
    06-30-09 01:59 PM
    Thanks Ian,
    We''ve been searching and trying non-stop to no avail. Here's our screenshot. It stays just like this.
    06-30-09 02:11 PM
    I wonder if the new yahoo addressbook API has anything to do with it?

Yahoo! Address Book API Delivered (Yahoo! Developer Network Blog)
    06-30-09 02:26 PM
    I have the same problem, multiple reboots, no luck.
    Possible related: I had to upgrade Pidgin the other day because yahoo did something to their signin.
    06-30-09 02:26 PM
    I have the same problem, multiple reboots, no luck.
    starting recently?

Possible related: I had to upgrade Pidgin the other day because yahoo did something to their signin.
    What is Pidgin?
    06-30-09 02:36 PM
    Yeah, first noticed it today (have had the BB for about 6 months). Pidgin is an IM for Yahoo and others for the PC, but also tries to sign on to Yahoo.
    06-30-09 02:39 PM
    I have had my BB Curve 8310 for about 6 months. It has always synched without error until today. I too am now encountering the DM freeze when reading yahoo address book. Please advise!
    06-30-09 05:03 PM
    Ditto for me with the freeze. I've owned my Curve for 9 months and have always used Yahoo for contact/calender info. It had synced perfectly last Sunday (the 28th) and tried today with no avail. I've been searching for an answer, since 2 p.m. and am not finding any solutions. I am finding that others have suddenly come upon this problem in other forum boards, so it must be something that Yahoo has tweaked.

I'll keep looking and checking all the boards to see if anyone finds an answer.
    06-30-09 06:29 PM
    My BB is syncing right now! It seems to be working again!!!!!
    07-01-09 05:39 AM
    UPDATE-
    Yahoo's syncing now, but another problem has arisen, when syncing her contacts, she was being prompted to delete people and update contacts that hadn't been updated.
    Any solutions?
    07-01-09 10:00 AM
    Go into the settings for syncing and review your update preferences.

I *guessing* that yahoo have changed some of their XML/ database configs requiring BB to update their BIS settings.

I had the same issue this morn with a few contacts, a few calendar appts, and 2 tasklists. All seemed to be good on the second sync.

07-01-09 10:03 AM
    Did anyone come up with an answer on this? My Tour has been syncing just fine via DM 5.0.1 until today. It is stuck on the "Reading From Yahoo Address Book" screen and doesn't budge. I eventually have to manually kill DM, and no syncing has occured. Also, my DM is up to date.

For the last few weeks I have been successfully sycning my Outllook calendar with the Tour calendar, and my Yahoo address book with my Tour contacts....until today.

I reinstalled DM 5.0.1 and tried syncing again...with the same result. I went back into my sync settings and set it to just sync my Outlook calendar to the Tour calendar and it worked perfectly. Then I changed the settings to only sync my Yahoo address book with the Tour contacts and it hung up again. When I have both options attempting to sync nothing gets synced at all. Obviously something is wrong with the Yahoo piece and it's keeping the calendar from syncing as well.

I have no other ideas to try. I'm lost......
    11-11-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD