I just entered the BB world at the end of April. Haven't been thrilled with my Storm. I am actually on phone #2. Verizon had me trade in my phone for a "replacement" a month after I got started for "software problems". Things have been going fine until last week.

I use my phone for a lot of Instant Messaging on BB Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. Until last week, everything was fine with Yahoo messenger. Now when I send messages, they are not received on the PC by the receiver. I receive all their messages fine. I Yahoo'd someone on their Blackberry and he received my message. Anyone know if there are any Yahoo problems with the Storm 9530??? My carrier is Verizon.

My BB messenger works fine, although recently my contacts are "busy" a lot, but the messages do go through eventually.

Thanks!
    08-31-10 07:32 PM
    That's weird,because if your mobile friends on YM can receive your yahoo M messeges then your PC friends suppose to be also, just signout few times of the yahoo, worse out of worse jut uninstall the app and download it again back on your storm. I had a storm my self and used yahoo a lot.neveer had a problem. Hope this info wil help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:36 PM
    I did uninstall Yahoo Messenger last week and reinstalled it. I also deleted that particular contact and had them come on as a new contact. Once in a long while a message or two may go through to their PC, but most messages don't go anywhere although they do show as sent. The problem got worse very quickly over the last week. Up until that point I had absolutely no problems with Yahoo Messenger... I have asked that person to switch to a different instant messenger (google talk) but they don't want to...I also pop out my battery once a week to reboot the phone to clear any issues....
    09-01-10 05:22 PM
    I've been having send issues for almost three weeks and nothing fixes it. Battery pulls, deleting service books, wiping/reinstalling - absolutely nothing fixes it.
    Things will seem to work fine, then after a while something happens - if someone starts a conversation they never get my replies, and if in the middle of a conversation it just stops sending at some point. WL and BBM do not suffer this issue.
    I was thinking it was carrier related as it was usually happening at work where I don't have WiFi; and when I'd try updating PRL it would fail. Once I called my carrier I found out that if my signal was dropping to 1x then I'd lose data, but the problem there is I carry a full 3G signal that might drop a bar or two in the middle of the building. Supposedly the issue lies with Yahoo's servers.
    09-01-10 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD