I download it (v 2.2.31) and install it. It says it is installed, but I can't find any icon or app.

If I try to re-install it, it tells me it is already there, but it installs anyway. It says it has to reboot to complete the installtion.

I reboot and still no icon/app.

Is this a Storm issue? I can't seem to find verification that it works on the Storm or not, but I can't get it to.

Anyone else run into this?

Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    03-24-09 08:57 AM
    When I installed MSN last night, it put it in the Instant Messaging folder automatically. Have you looked there, by chance?
    03-24-09 09:26 AM
    Yahoo IM definitely works on the Storm. I've been using it since day 1. However, there was already an icon for it on my phone when I first bought it (along with icons for other IM apps, like BB Messenger, Google Talk, etc). You didn't already have an existing icon for Yahoo Messenger?

Try checking your Download folder. If you just re-installed it, maybe the icon is there? Also, just to be sure it's installed on your device, check your Application list: BB Options>Advanced Options>Applications
    03-24-09 09:31 AM
    Yes, that's also a good idea ... check the Instant Messaging folder too. That's actually where it was originally for me before I moved it.
    03-24-09 09:39 AM
    D'oh!

I'd hid the 'instant messaging' folder on day 1. It never occurred to me...

It was there and is working.

ID10T error.

Thanks!
    03-24-09 11:41 AM
    D'oh!

I'd hid the 'instant messaging' folder on day 1. It never occurred to me...

It was there and is working.

ID10T error.

Thanks!
    I did the same thing...felt so dumb for getting so frustrated
    09-11-09 08:39 AM
    Also if you can't find an icon, it's possible that you hide it. In order to check, press the BB button and select Show All.
    09-11-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD