It used to be so great, then all the sudden got really crappy on me! it's running its best right now at -10%/hour. I dont know the problem, i went to verizon to get it checked out and they gave me a new storm.. with the same battery i had before and it still sucks! so its def. not a hardware issue. anyone else have this problem? I have only 1 theme installed, and i havent even used it yet to test the battery life, but its still really crappy.
    06-04-09 11:00 PM
    are you in an area that doesnt get a good signal. If you are then if you have your settings set to global it will always be searching for a signal which is what can drain your battery fast. At least thats what my issue was. I set it to 1XEV only and my battery lasts twice as long now.
    06-04-09 11:08 PM
    i usually have 4-5 bars everytime, but I'll try that out i guess
    06-04-09 11:09 PM
    I've noticed that jivetalk running in the background was destroying my battery life. Have you been using the beta for this?
    06-04-09 11:16 PM
    nope! I only have the core applications running in the backround + BBLight, however, the 3rd party apps I have are: simple weather, pattern lock, mobile banking, meter berry, opera mini, viigo, vision youtube app, quicklaunch, berry wars, bb file scout, capture it, BBLight. and only bblight is in the backround running, i have viigo exit on close. so i really have no idea, the only thing i can think of is my battery went wrong, and if thats the case the guy told me to come back and they'll give me one, which I think they should have done anyways, a new phone but used my old battery? weird
    06-04-09 11:31 PM
    theme might be the culprit.
    I read on another forum that themes eat memory and/or run the processor needlessly using up juice. I'd check that out. I use the stock zen theme and have reasonably good battery life.
    06-05-09 12:14 AM
    yea i've been using the zen theme and its the same deal, but would just having the theme installed be killing my battery even if not used?
    06-05-09 12:25 AM
    I had set my screen brightness to 10 and turned my gps to E911. If you are in a bad coverage area gps will constantly search for signal and drain your battery. I went from ten hours a day to eighteen by the weeks end doing this.

Cheers!
    9530/4.7.0.148
    *(LibransuN)*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:50 AM
    Make sure you don't have any apps you forgot about running in the background. When my battery was dying constantly (like, phone would be dead after about 6 hours max) it turned out to be a mixture of BeeJive, and UberTwitter. UT was calling out to servers about every 5 minutes, which ate battery like none other. I reset it to once every hour, and battery has improved a great deal. I just recently took my phone off the charger about 8 hours ago, and it's got a good 60% still left on it, after rebooting twice, installing themes, deleting apps, and other stuff.
    06-05-09 06:02 AM
    yea i've been using the zen theme and its the same deal, but would just having the theme installed be killing my battery even if not used?
    yes. some themes that are not stock themes are corrupted and can drain your battery as well as your memory even if the theme presents no errors and works fine on your device.
    06-05-09 06:37 AM
    I just did the E911 thing, because i am having the same issue although not as bad... I am at about 7.2% hour
    Only thing running is facebook and meterberry. I will let you know
    06-05-09 06:43 AM
    WOW... in the past hour after turning it to E911 only, i went from 7.2% to just under 3% same usage as i would normally
    06-05-09 07:37 AM
    WOW... in the past hour after turning it to E911 only, i went from 7.2% to just under 3% same usage as i would normally
    GPS DOES NOT USE MORE POWER IF SET TO LOCATION ON RATHER THEN E911 IF NO APPS ARE POLLING FOR LOCATION INFO.

How many times does this have to be said before people get it. If you have battery problems and you solve them by changing your GPS to E911 from Location On, then that means that some app you left running in the past would constantly poll your GPS chipset for location info. So, either exit that app or don't set GPS to on within it... usually holds true for Weatherbug.
    06-05-09 07:49 AM
    I agree with you, as i have seen that stated MANY times, but all i know is that WB is uninstalled as of 3 days ago, and only things running are the default apps, and facebook.. And the percentage after the change to E911 dropped... maybe its all in my head i dunno LOL
    06-05-09 07:55 AM
    its 148 and no one can convince me otherwise. i really do get it that some people are having no issues but many are w/ absolutely no change to their devices other than the software update it self.

I am running crackman v7 right now and its a tad better but pretty much still bad.

may just revert back to .132
    06-05-09 07:57 AM
    Those of you with crappy battery life need to use the battery fully until drained to 5% or the BB turns itself off due to low battery conditions. Then charge it overnight and see how your life is after that.
    06-05-09 08:00 AM
    Those of you with crappy battery life need to use the battery fully until drained to 5% or the BB turns itself off due to low battery conditions. Then charge it overnight and see how your life is after that.
    I did that yesterday and it seemed to have made it a little worse. All I'm saying is I did the e911 thing and much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 08:04 AM

already did that 3 times. mostly due to it dying on its own.

all my settings are fine / no apps running etc etc.
    Initially i thought it had something to do w/ slacker. I removed it and it has been a tad better now however its still pretty bad.
    06-05-09 08:17 AM
    I use custom themes almost exclusively and I have several apps installed...but my battery lasts me close to 2 days all the time...

The one practice I got in the habit of because of previous Windows Mobile battery life problems was closing program every time I leave it instead of using the "end" or "back" key. That makes a huge difference.
    06-05-09 09:03 AM
    FYI almost 3 hours after turning off GPS, still at 2.5% per hour as opposed to 7.8%
    06-05-09 10:09 AM
    When I went to 148 my default backlight brightness went back to 100...which was killing my battery. Once I adjusted it back to 60 my battery life has been fine. Check your backlight brightness setting and see if it has changed.
    06-05-09 10:40 AM
    i do the same thing keepitreza

my settings are identical to when i was on .132. IN all honesty I never even paid attention to my battery life in the past as I could go the full day w/ heavy use and not worry about it. these days I have to watch what I do or my phone is dead before I get home.
    06-05-09 10:48 AM
    I am having the same issue. VZW replaced my phone and I still have issues. On .75 it was fine! Same theme, apps, everything running, once I installed .148 and EVERYTHING ELSE constant thats when the drain occurred. They now want to send me ANOTHER battery.

Right now I have the stock apps and theme, and am just running MeterBerry to check on drain, still pretty bad.

This is ridiculous...
    06-05-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD