Is it just my phone because since I gave received it yesterday, I've recharged it. Twice!!
    My battery doesn't last more than 4-5 hrs....and its mostly used for texting and browsing, I hope its just learning a charge or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 07:47 PM
    wow if my battery is that bad when i get my phone, im going to throw it at the verizon people
    12-02-08 07:50 PM
    Have you tried the update to .75? I DLed the link and it worked great. Even increased my signal strength and battery life. I've only had the DL for a few hours, but can already tell a differnece in battery!

cheers,
    kyle
    12-02-08 08:02 PM
    that doesn't sound right, try charging it overnight, i usually go to bed with at least two bars left with all day use

12-02-08 08:10 PM
    that doesn't sound right, try charging it overnight, i usually go to bed with at least two bars left with all day use. also reduce your brightness to 50% some people would even go as low as 40%. I have been using it since noon today and i still have 4.5 bars

12-02-08 08:12 PM
    Had the same issue when I got my phone on the 22nd. The one thing that I did was run the phone down to where it dies completely. I have done this a few times now and it seems to have improved the battery life. It the interim I went back verizon and had them order me a new battery. I am going to do the same procedure with the new battery and see if I get better results.
    12-02-08 08:12 PM
    I had that same problem over the weekend. I changed the brightness down to 10 (though im sure that wasn't the only solution) turned off location on and set the gps to only use location on e911 calls. That seemed to work well. I was down to ~40% battery after about 24 hours.

After updating to .75 last night, i'm sitting at 4 bars or 75% battery going on 13-14 hours.

note: if you use the VZ navigator you have to keep the location gps on to use it. im not sure how much that affects the battery though when not you're not actually using the software.

edit: I also set my network from global to 1XEV. not sure if the phone was looking for the other network when on 'global' mode or not, but i figured until i go overseas and need it, ill set it to verizon only.
    Last edited by snork; 12-02-08 at 08:15 PM.
    12-02-08 08:13 PM
    My battery was similar before I updated to .75 but now my battery lasts all day long

12-02-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD