It seems like way more people are trying to do this update that either don't read before hand what to do or they don't know how to follow instructions. (or as my husband says, I don't need no stinking directions!) ha!
    12-19-08 08:11 PM
    The update installed so easily for me!
    12-19-08 08:12 PM
    LOL! we need a sticky on how to recover a bricked forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 08:12 PM
    Seriously, I think technically inept people need to stop thinking they can do easy unofficial upgrade tasks. How frickin hard is it to upgrade you OS? Unfortunately, not easy enough it seems.
    12-19-08 08:13 PM
    LOL! we need a sticky on how to recover a bricked forum.

or another forum for regular posts!
    12-19-08 08:18 PM
    it is simple.....other then my VISTA laptop crashing and doing a memory dump right after the first reboot of phone....had me worried for a second but 2nd try worked perfect!
    12-19-08 08:26 PM
    Seriously, I think technically inept people need to stop thinking they can do easy unofficial upgrade tasks. How frickin hard is it to upgrade you OS? Unfortunately, not easy enough it seems.
    I wouldn't blame it completely on user error. I've been fighting with the upgrade for nearly 2 hours, and I've owned 2 previous BBs and have never had such problems.
    12-19-08 08:42 PM
    I wouldn't blame it completely on user error. I've been fighting with the upgrade for nearly 2 hours, and I've owned 2 previous BBs and have never had such problems.
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to imply there weren't legit problems, but honestly almost every post was asking the same questions. I lost count of how many times people were told to disconnect from the internet etc. It just seems like nobody read the posts telling exactly how to do it first.
    12-19-08 08:45 PM
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to imply there weren't legit problems, but honestly almost every post was asking the same questions. I lost count of how many times people were told to disconnect from the internet etc. It just seems like nobody read the posts telling exactly how to do it first.
    True, a lot of people don't read. Fortunately, I do, and have yet to come across reading anything like the problems I'm having.
    12-19-08 08:49 PM
    True, a lot of people don't read. Fortunately, I do, and have yet to come across reading anything like the problems I'm having.
    sorry to hear that. I hope you find a fix for the problem.
    12-19-08 09:25 PM
    sorry to hear that. I hope you find a fix for the problem.
    For now, my fix has been to continue running .76 and waiting for an official .83 update.
    12-19-08 09:28 PM
    Well, that was a fun 4 hours. The good news is I learned all about JL_Cmdr and got really good at battery pulls (makes you realize how good quickpull is!!) Also learned how to back up 3rd party apps this time. The last leak was a helluva lot easier to install than this one, but it seems to be working ok now.

I followed the directions to a "T" but had the media card error...total wipe and reinstall of .83 got it going. The good news is that all of the info is here - just gets a little overwhelming when you've got two or three 'help' pages in the background
    12-19-08 09:48 PM
    Well, that was a fun 4 hours. The good news is I learned all about JL_Cmdr and got really good at battery pulls (makes you realize how good quickpull is!!) Also learned how to back up 3rd party apps this time. The last leak was a helluva lot easier to install than this one, but it seems to be working ok now.

I followed the directions to a "T" but had the media card error...total wipe and reinstall of .83 got it going. The good news is that all of the info is here - just gets a little overwhelming when you've got two or three 'help' pages in the background
    is this what we do for fun now on friday nights? :-)
    12-19-08 09:54 PM
    It is when you brick your phone the day before a week long vacation

It was a good exercise though - really learned a lot tonight and gained a lot of confidence on wiping the phone and getting it running again. Again, kudos to all those on this forum who've given a ton of good advice and walk-throughs.

Ok, bedtime with my unbricked Storm running .83. Hopefully it'll still be running in the morning...
    12-19-08 10:05 PM
    you're a woman right?
    12-19-08 10:14 PM
    My update went smooth had it since 9am

12-19-08 10:14 PM
    All good here........
    12-19-08 10:18 PM
    updated mine this afternoon with no problems
    12-19-08 10:20 PM
    So, I was updating my Storm to version .83. I wanted to make sure my internet tubes did not get clogged so I poured some Drain-O on my phone and laptop. Now my computer won't turn on, and my phone is making a weird buzzing sound and has a white screen.

HELP ME PLEASE
    12-19-08 10:34 PM
    I upgraded to leak .75, .76, so this was a cinch. I think people really need to read before they "try" and do an OS upgrade.
    12-19-08 10:35 PM
    i did two in like 40 mins.... what frustrates me is people not only asking the same questions, but asking asking a question that was answered 1000 times and not to mention twice on the previous page
    12-19-08 10:39 PM
    So, I was updating my Storm to version .83. I wanted to make sure my internet tubes did not get clogged so I poured some Drain-O on my phone and laptop. Now my computer won't turn on, and my phone is making a weird buzzing sound and has a white screen.

HELP ME PLEASE
    did you do a search for others with the same problem???
    12-19-08 10:40 PM
    did you do a search for others with the same problem???
    I did. It said I should not own new technology, and I should immediately return it to the store where I bought it.
    12-19-08 10:44 PM
    [QUOTE=rip14;1223921]I did. It said I should not own new technology, and I should immediately return it to the store where I bought it. [/QUOTE

apparently that's the only solution for some! :-)
    12-19-08 10:47 PM
    i did two in like 40 mins.... what frustrates me is people not only asking the same questions, but asking asking a question that was answered 1000 times and not to mention twice on the previous page
    yes, that was what I was referring to when i started this thread. You could see headers with the same questions on the same page.
    12-19-08 10:49 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD