I am deleting all unused themes and some apps now, I will post the list of apps when this is done
    04-10-09 09:55 AM
    Ok I am new to BB and as I read all of these messages about memory, I check it at least 5 times a day. I am usually around 35 all of the time, sometimes a little higher. I have on my storm
    Bolt, CallsBlocker,CNNmobile,ESPN mobile,Google Map Quick Pull, Slacker,Trapster, Vlingo, Weatherbug and 3 games. I also have the Iphone theme. Should I have more memory?
    04-10-09 10:08 AM
    im only at 24, running .113 OS

APPS:

BB application center
    BB Attachment SErivce
    BB maps
    BB messenger
    Brickbreaker
    Memo pad
    tasks
    word mole
    tiltris
    repligo reader
    iheart
    slacker
    cbstorm shortcut
    directtv shortcut
    mlb shortcut
    ereader
    AP mobile news
    mareble strom
    meterberry
    BBGPS Golf
    Stary night online
    TWSS app
    cardinals mlb shorthcut
    nantaii
    stormlevel
    appstore
    marble trap
    solitairegold
    bbreader
    mlb theme
    movela netfilx
    BB app world
    facebook
    google talk
    shazam
    shortcovers
    slaver
    berryburst theme
    guitar tuner
    stormsketch
    doodle
    captureit
    visual voice mal
    stormtorch
    weatherbug
    youtube
    iVista Theme
    04-10-09 10:20 AM
    30 apps, 14 themes, 5.8 memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 10:25 AM
    Just wondering I don't see any languages listed. Where are they?
    04-10-09 12:21 PM
    I have 18 mb right now. My storm runs fine lol.

04-10-09 12:51 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to delete all this extra stuff I don't use? Like I sure don't need the extra languages and I'd love to get rid of all the sample stuff (music pictures etc... and what bout all the Instant message programs I don't use too)on my phone too but how. The most I have messed around with my advanced options is deleting apps from applications especially been messing around with themes alot. I use to be afraid of my bb that I'd mess it up but now I really want to play around with it and learn more. I have only had my storm for a little under 2 months. I have to say I love it though.
    04-10-09 01:09 PM
    what's the easiest way to clean up the langs?
    04-10-09 02:22 PM
    what's the easiest way to clean up the langs?
    through DM in the app loader.. just open DM and go to apploader and uncheck what you want to uninstall
    04-10-09 02:41 PM
    I would like to know how so many people are talking between 30-40mb. I just had 1.8mb and I just did a quick pull, while I was thinking about it and I ended up with....20.4mb

I dont have a lot of applications running at any point, because I close them completely out.
    Im with you...I am always low on MB.....what the heck are these people doing to have 30+ MB?
    05-02-09 02:06 AM
    Im with you...I am always low on MB.....what the heck are these people doing to have 30+ MB?
    Ok so I went from .75>.113>.122 and I have never hit past 29mb. I have deleted all languages and useless apps and I have yet to go past 29mb..I have to go thru 8 battery pulls a day and its about 5:30 min per start up.
    What can I do?

05-02-09 09:24 AM
    I thought I understood this memory thing but apparently I dont. I never was able to get over 20mb with only three apps and no themes. it would go down into the kbs. Then went straight to .141 from .75 and it went to over 40mb.I checked the applications b4 and after and it was identicle. Now I have 15 apps and 2 themes and I range 39.5 on boot down as low a 23 and then back up. Go figure. Im going to quit worring about it or ill go insane.
    05-02-09 09:42 AM
    Having ripped out all the extraneous languages the first time I installed DM I have 3-4 themes and mostly the basic apps. I have installed SmrtGuardian and VZNav and Berry-A-Code. I usually stay right at or just under 30Mb. Still running .75 since it has never given me any problems. I think I have done a full battery pull 2-3 times in the 5-6 weeks I have had the phone. So, I think it is all good and I will leave it until there is some official OS update or I find an app that really requires me to dink around with an unofficial.
    05-02-09 10:50 AM
    I have a 9500 (Vodafone UK)

I had 58mb free on startup on .131
    Upgraded same day to .141 and now only get 42mb on startup.

Same 5 applications and same 2 themes - Very different application memory...

Applications:
    Capture It
    Accelodex (brilliant application)
    Facebook (HEAVY memory eater!)
    Blackberry application world
    Meterberry

Themes:
    Zen standard
    Blackberry Pro v2 Blue (very quick and bug free)
    05-02-09 11:32 AM
    I still think the memory chasing thing is absurd...
    it runs pergfectly fine even as low as 20MB...
    I dont ever check mine anymore, it just detracts from my storm experience. Its like version chasing on software, everyones doing it, but they don't know why :P
    05-02-09 12:41 PM
    I am running 34 Apps and 10 Launchers... I Boot with 39 MB +/- and I run between 25 MB - 35 MB all day with medium to heavy usage. I have MeterBerry do a reboot every morning at 4:45 am and and this thing runs like greased lightning!!!

I run:

18 Apps: Ap Mobile News (Free Ver), BB File Scout, Berry Torch, Capture It, Easy Button, Google Maps, MeterBerry, Pandora, Poynt, Shazam, Speedtest, Storm Level Pro, StormSaber, StormSketch, TalkLock (free ver., Wall Street Journal Mobile, Wetherbug , You Tube

16 Games: Berry Labyrinth, Brick Breaker, Bubble Burst, Code Breaker, Connect Four, Flight Path, Lights Out, Memory, Nintaii, Solytare, Space Travel, StormYahtzee, Tiltris, Touch Bubbles, Word Mole, Zen Table Tennis

10 Launchers: Amazon, Bank of America, Crackberry, Ebay, EDL Industries (BB Launchers), F***MyLife, Howard Forums, Mobihand, Storm Forums, Yellowbook

I'm running .141 and when Shrinking with the program in my Signature I leave: The 2 games, Word ToGo and Sheet ToGo, Default Font, SIM Card and Voice Notes... I also pull the System Ringtones back manually (just in case the system needs to use them). Just unckecking the languages in DM doesn't seem to do anything... The shrink program in my sig removes the actual COD files from the install directory.

I am VERY pleased with this setup and the speed in which this baby goes.
    05-02-09 01:05 PM
    Right now I'm sitting at 44.8MB after a reboot at 6am. When I did my reboot I was at 40.7MB, but I always do a reboot 1st thing in the morning just to start out fresh for the day. You can see what I have installed in my signature.
    I can see what you DO have, an I ask what you have removed from your system? I have less apps than you, major leakage within first thirty minutes of reboot and cn't figure out how to up my memory? I always start with around 41mb on reboot. Thanks for any help.
    05-02-09 01:40 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD