So a few minutes ago i was navigating through my storm(which i noticed was really smooth and fast) and i decided to have a look how my memory is doing towards the end of the day.
    I usually just do a quickpull when i go to bed every night so that i have good memory to start the next day.

On average, after quick pull i would have 40.5mb free memory max to start the day. Mid day i would have about 30-35 and end of the day 20-25 depending.

Today i decided to get rid of some extra languages i dont use, two 3rd party apps i dont use and 2 themes i dont use. I now have about 3 third-party apps installed and only my current theme (Ascarii 2.0) and the default Zen theme.

Everyday, i use my blackberry pretty much all the time. Emails, texting, IM, calender, phone use games, apps and of course music and videos. So it does get its fair usage.

Guess what i just noticed towards the END of the day? 49.5mb free memory! wow! i couldnt believe it.
    Ever since i got my storm with just stock apps/themes and no third party apps i've never seen it so high. Only recently ive started to put them on. Oh and im still running .113 OS.

Anyone else have any similiar experiences? I was quiet pleased with this and my storm is just getting better and better each day.
    04-09-09 06:26 PM
    I would like to know how so many people are talking between 30-40mb. I just had 1.8mb and I just did a quick pull, while I was thinking about it and I ended up with....20.4mb

I dont have a lot of applications running at any point, because I close them completely out.
    04-09-09 06:46 PM
    yeah its pretty sweet that you have to take off applications to make your phone work
    04-09-09 06:48 PM
    fisher, keep in mind all of the other stuff that is in the OS takes up room too, not just 3rd party apps...remove the games, tasks, memo pad, maps, etc...whatever you don't use. and you'll get that higher memory like everyone else. then you can be in the big kids club! jk...
    04-09-09 06:56 PM
    50+ megs normally... i have a few apps...
    1-funambol
    2-acceloDex
    3-BerryBuz
    4-vlingo
    5-amAze
    6-Shazam
    7-QuickPull

Themes:
    -Bliss 4 WeatherBug
    Default with Hidden Today 4
    Glass HC_T_NWB
    Precision Zen (default with the phone...)
    zen_16

So that's 7 apps, 5 themes.
    BerryBuzz and Funambol are always running. Current theme is Default with Hidden Today 4.

I have removed some language files, vad files... the games... bb messenger... and I've had 3 storms now, they've all been the same as far as memory goes.

I'm running .113 but as I said, it has pretty much always been the same for me... 50 or so, sometimes 55ish, others like 48ish... Normally right around 51 or 52.
    04-09-09 07:15 PM
    I started out with 45mb and it goes down to the low 20's after about three days and goes back up from time to time. I'm also running .113 with a few apps like weather bug, google maps, espn, crackberry...
    Sometimes it's super fast but for the most part it stays fast...lovin' it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:24 PM
    crazy, i run .114 v3 and have alot of applications always running, lowest i have ever seen in 21mb, but usually am around 30-50mb.... currently been on storm all day am at 35mb, with Brickbreaker, smartguard, options,googlemaps, browser, blackberry messanger, home, phone, and messages all open and running
    04-09-09 07:27 PM
    Yep ... I find the weather apps drain the crap outta the battery so I just use viigo and close it completely each time.
    04-09-09 07:31 PM
    its funny because i did a quick pull+ a battery pull and now im at 40 again, lol
    04-10-09 12:55 AM
    yeah its pretty sweet that you have to take off applications to make your phone work
    actually it was working very well. i just wanted to post something i noticed. only reason i removed them was becuase i wasnt using them and i figured i would make room for other things i would use in the future, not because it was slow.
    04-10-09 12:56 AM
    I would like to know how so many people are talking between 30-40mb. I just had 1.8mb and I just did a quick pull, while I was thinking about it and I ended up with....20.4mb

I dont have a lot of applications running at any point, because I close them completely out.
    I don't know, I start out at 46mb of memory with my slimmed down version of .113 and I have 16 apps and 1 theme on it.... It usually never goes below 20mb even with the memory hog weather bug running.....
    04-10-09 01:22 AM
    free is good
    04-10-09 01:53 AM
    where are you guys finding the 30-50mb like is it under the memory option and its the application memory??
    04-10-09 02:18 AM
    ok i guess what I dont understand is why does it matter how many apps you have installed, if you are not running them shouldnt your app memory be high?

I would like this explained. I am from the WM world and as long as I closed out programs, it didnt matter how much I had installed.
    04-10-09 05:42 AM
    ok i guess what I dont understand is why does it matter how many apps you have installed, if you are not running them shouldnt your app memory be high?

I would like this explained. I am from the WM world and as long as I closed out programs, it didnt matter how much I had installed.
    blackberrys install and store applications in RAM not on the flash storage

its ********
    04-10-09 08:39 AM
    Just as a refernce, I schedule Quickpull every morning for 5:00AM. I usually start with 48.9 MB App Memory and slowly fall throughout the day of usage. Its been about 5 hours and im down to 42. My setup is in my sig.
    04-10-09 08:57 AM
    blackberrys install and store applications in RAM not on the flash storage

its ********
    Not true.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/me...4/#post2188364
    04-10-09 08:58 AM
    Right now I'm sitting at 44.8MB after a reboot at 6am. When I did my reboot I was at 40.7MB, but I always do a reboot 1st thing in the morning just to start out fresh for the day. You can see what I have installed in my signature.
    04-10-09 09:03 AM
    you cereal? that is stupid!! so we are always limited to how may apps we can have. i thought apps installed on the device memory of 879.2MB and the application memory (RAM) was what was running.

so what is the device memory for?
    04-10-09 09:19 AM
    i never get more than 25 and i sink to zero thru the day

with barely anything running
    04-10-09 09:22 AM
    ok I read that and grrrrrrrrrrr

thats bs that I cant load as many apps as I want for one, and two that having too many apps slows the phone down

whats the purpose of the app store if I can only have a couple of apps
    04-10-09 09:26 AM
    where are you guys finding the 30-50mb like is it under the memory option and its the application memory??
    Yep that's it. Just get rid of unnecessary apps and languages.

And my memory looked higher then usual after install of .122. I was running about 51.2 after quickpull, now I'm running 52.3.
    04-10-09 09:31 AM
    ok I read that and grrrrrrrrrrr

thats bs that I cant load as many apps as I want for one, and two that having too many apps slows the phone down

whats the purpose of the app store if I can only have a couple of apps
    I think most people agree that RIM made a mistake only offering 128 MB of application memory.

In theory, it would be possible for RIM to change this allocation in future OS's. There have been rumors of them considering it.
    04-10-09 09:37 AM
    so I have to delete apps to get my app mem up

i am currently at 12 and i did a battery pull this morning.

im sad
    04-10-09 09:42 AM
    Since i've upgraded to .122 i have about 52.9 mb of memory free on a reboot. When i had .114 v3 i had about 38.5. I did a full wipe with JL commander, loaded the firmware, my apps and my data backup and that's what i ended up with, pretty sweet.
    04-10-09 09:47 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD