View Poll Results: Switch or stay and what company do you use now?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm going to be a new loyal VZW customer

17 15.60%
  • No you couldn't pay me enough to change

11 10.09%
  • current VZW customer

68 62.39%
  • AT&T

11 10.09%
  • T-Mobile

7 6.42%
  • Sprint

7 6.42%
  • Other

7 6.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This isn't necessarily true. As the insiders have said, this is a hybrid phone. Well, they're not going to make the thunder a hybrid and not the storm. The chipset that's in all the phone is the Gobi. Which supports CDMA2000 and HSDPA.
    Actually, the 9500 THunder, might be able to be used in North American GSM networks. The 9530, not so much. I haven't heard of a single person that has been able to use the GSM side of any of CDMA's World blackberry phones in the united states.
    09-18-08 06:17 AM
    The 95xx is a Hybrid device, which nobody but those who have used the device knows what that entails. It could very well be a quad band GSM & CDMA2000. Regardless, the 9500 will work on AT&T.
    will the 9500 work on t-mobile? including the 3g bands?
    09-18-08 06:28 AM
    No, I think if I wait it will come to sprint, vzw probably only has 3-6 months exclusivity, then I think they will open it up. I just got my curve in may which is a pretty good phone to begin with. verizon probably has a better network, but to get the same level of options with verizon it would probably cost me another 50 bucks a month.

I also want to see how it compares with the bold, which I plan on waiting for on Tmobile, that may be a while but I have personal reasons for avoiding ma bell.

waiting to see how it compares to the bold.

I have to agree, I wouldnt get a verizon anything due to ther plans and lack of options. Had I not grown into using the SEP from sprint and basically every feature from it then maybe I would. However I would concider buying one of these outright if I could convince sprint to activate it...

As far as network is concerned where I am I have no issues with sprint and for the times I am traveling and I need it I have installed a cell repeater in my truck....
    09-18-08 10:59 AM
    staying with tmobile I'll take the Jav, tmobile plans are to cheap to leave but I do get a discount with verizon so if I can get the storm for like 100$ I'll switch
    09-18-08 11:13 AM
    I think if I wait it will come to sprint, vzw probably only has 3-6 months exclusivity, then I think they will open it up.
    I hope that isn't just wishful thinking.

Is it typical for these exclusivity contracts to only be 3-6 months? I sure hope so. After a few months we will know about all the bugs/issues if any. I really hope you're right.

Does anyone know for how long the exclusivity contract is? Or when we can expect to find out?
    09-18-08 12:14 PM
    I hope that isn't just wishful thinking.

Is it typical for these exclusivity contracts to only be 3-6 months? I sure hope so. After a few months we will know about all the bugs/issues if any. I really hope you're right.

Does anyone know for how long the exclusivity contract is? Or when we can expect to find out?
    The exclusivity is for as long as verizon makes sales quotas.
    09-20-08 01:52 AM
    To this point that holds true. However, this is a hybrid device, and things are going to change. They're not going to make one device a hybrid and not the other. You'll see.
    Ok...so what is the difference between how the thunder will work and the way the 8830 works? Aren't they both hybrid devices??
    09-20-08 01:55 AM
    Actually, the 9500 THunder, might be able to be used in North American GSM networks. The 9530, not so much. I haven't heard of a single person that has been able to use the GSM side of any of CDMA's World blackberry phones in the united states.
    Actually Brian Stop n Go is right very right in fact.Probably the first to mention how Big Red is going to open up a bit to all (about the Storm),The storm in fact will be,you can be confident that this device is huge for them and also going to be very open world friendly.
    Oh btw Stop N Go sorry bout the Rant yesterday I was def an ***.
    09-20-08 05:59 AM
    I don't have the option to change, and I wouldn't if I had an option. I'm not big into touch screen phones, I like to have a physical keyboard.
    09-20-08 06:33 AM
    Since my Curve died on me (I was my fault), and I just got the World Edition 8830. I'll need to buy the Storm. I love VZW and have never had a problen with them. I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg to have the Storm. I'm hoping to sign a new 2yr contract and pay less then $300. for it, but if the 2yr price is outrageous I'll keep my World.
    09-20-08 07:46 AM
    Actually Brian Stop n Go is right very right in fact.Probably the first to mention how Big Red is going to open up a bit to all (about the Storm),The storm in fact will be,you can be confident that this device is huge for them and also going to be very open world friendly.
    Oh btw Stop N Go sorry bout the Rant yesterday I was def an ***.
    He might be right, who knows. However, my point was based on what has happened with other world phones with Verizon. I haven't seen any evidence to back up anything different.
    09-20-08 09:34 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD