First of all, i am a 9530 noob. Had the phone for about two months, and ive noticed on this site there are a lot of leaked OSs that (from what I can tell) are a lot better than what i have, 4.7.0.148 platform 4.0.0.181
    I don't know what OS i shoud be operating under and don't really know how to install it successfully. Any advice is appreciated.
    08-10-09 11:52 AM
    First of all, i am a 9530 noob. Had the phone for about two months, and ive noticed on this site there are a lot of leaked OSs that (from what I can tell) are a lot better than what i have, 4.7.0.148 platform 4.0.0.181
    I don't know what OS i shoud be operating under and don't really know how to install it successfully. Any advice is appreciated.
    .148 is a solid build and that is why i was officially released. I recommend staying with that if you use alot of streaming audio apps. (slacker, flycast, pandora). If you want to try you can always upgrade to .151. it is pretty stable and works great for a lot of people. i personally am on 5.0 instead of 4.7 but since your new at this i would not suggest it. it still has some minor bugs to work out.

check out these links:

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
    08-10-09 12:02 PM
    ah i see....so basically for the new user with basic function, .148 is fine. i just didn't know if .151 was smoother and really beneficial. i just wanna make sure my storm is the best it could possibly be
    08-10-09 12:41 PM
    My advice to you bro would be to stay on .148.. Mostly, because from what I have learned is a lot of research needs to be done, to accompany a wealth of knowledge about your phone and what to do if something goes wrong.

It wont be long before another official OS is put out, so im just gonna sit tight and learn more.. Maybe soon I'll be upgrading to leaked OS's, but not until i know a **** of a lot more! =]
    08-10-09 01:04 PM
    My advice to you bro would be to stay on .148.. Mostly, because from what I have learned is a lot of research needs to be done, to accompany a wealth of knowledge about your phone and what to do if something goes wrong.

It wont be long before another
    official OS is put out, so im just gonna sit tight and learn more.. Maybe soon I'll be upgrading to leaked OS's, but not until i know a **** of a lot more! =]
    hmmm, good luck with that....
    08-10-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD