I'm on my 3rd due to dust, and so far no dust and I've had it for almost two weeks. If this one gets dust, I'll probably deal with for a few months and get a newer build that will hopefully have the issue resolved. Don't care if it's a refurb after my 30 days.
    01-13-09 04:37 PM
    I would replace it.

I am on my 2nd phone due to dust afer a 2 week period. The replacement clicks much better!

I am worried about dust, but more so about water (like dropping it on pavement when its raining) or even taking it to work. Theres soo many metal shavings and dust at my work its too much for the gap in the screen. I have been running my phone with the clear verizon hardcase w/ a piece of clear material between that and the phone. I clean everything once a week and so far its been really dusty, rained on and dropped. When I pull it out of the case it looks like its brand new!

Thanks to who ever came up with that fix!!!!!
    01-13-09 08:44 PM
    I don't have any dust specs, but I wish I never returned my first Storm. If I were you, I would hang on to the phone if you like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:51 PM
    being that its now confirmed that refurbs are being given as replacements, i would not. atleast not yet.

your phone has 1 spec. i would wait till it has alot more, by that time, maybe they will have come up with a better seal and be putting them on the replacement units.

but now you are going to get a replacement (maybe a refurb) probably get dust under it again in a week or three and at the same time risk getting a unit with a defective click or something.
    01-13-09 09:08 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD