I currently have a bb 8330 curve with verizon and am not eligible for an upgrade till around summer 2011, found an amazing deal on a bb storm through one of my buddies and was just wondering if I should go ahead and grab it or just sit tight? I have heard so many horror stories on the storms and am hesitant on getting it but wanna her from some actual bb storm owners. Any advice would be greatly apreciated!
    10-27-09 01:46 AM
    I had an 8330 and hated it so I switched to a windows based phone. I loved it, but my husband and our 4th line came up for the upgrade so I got the storm for free(bogo). It took some getting use to but I love my storm! I have upgraded to the 5.0 os and haven't had any problems since! I did have to re-install bbm though. I would says go for it...and if you don't like it you could always switch back to the 8330 and sell the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 03:36 AM
    Coming from Windows Mobile and a BB 8330, I love my storm. I would recommend getting one. Even though the storm2 is coming, I'm not to excited about the features. The OS v5 is awesome IMO, but u do have to reinstall bbm from blackberry.com. For some reason BB apps was goofing up.

10-27-09 05:18 AM
    I currently have a bb 8330 curve with verizon and am not eligible for an upgrade till around summer 2011, found an amazing deal on a bb storm through one of my buddies and was just wondering if I should go ahead and grab it or just sit tight? I have heard so many horror stories on the storms and am hesitant on getting it but wanna her from some actual bb storm owners. Any advice would be greatly apreciated!

The horror stories, while each having a kernel of truth, were overstated, and are now pretty much a thing of the past. The Storm will be a delight to get you though to the summer of 2011.
    10-27-09 07:07 AM
    If you can't afford the price tag on the Storm2 and found a great deal on the Storm1 I think you should deff get it, you can upgrade to the latest official OS 5.0.0.238 and you will love it!
    10-27-09 07:15 AM
    i have the storm and love it. G/F also had storm and got it when first released and hates it. i think she is still salty over all the OS issues it had in the begining. I have upgraded to .328 and have no issues.

I got my storm 2 months ago, was debating between this and curve. went with storm due to compatable with the 3g...curve is not (if you look at VZW's site)

Other than that, touch screen has a different feeling, if you like the touch screen, go for it!!
    10-27-09 08:57 AM
    I went from a BB 8830 to a 8330 to a Win Mobile (not my choice) and thankfully back to Blackberry and I love the Storm.
    10-27-09 08:59 AM
    Thanks guys I think I'm gunna go for it glad to see that they fixed all the probs...and os 5.0 mandatory once I get it so I won't have any probs? I have a mac and can't find dm for it what's the best way to do this??

10-27-09 09:14 AM
    I thought u could download DM for MAC? Did u check their website? Google? I know i've read something about it.

10-27-09 09:35 AM
    havent checked recently but am on the hunt again lol
    10-27-09 09:39 AM
    Yes got dm for mac! Now just to make a deal for my new storm! Thx for the feedback I'm sure you'll see me round the storm forums soon!
    10-27-09 01:18 PM
    i recently upgraded from a curve 8310 to a storm 9530

it was an amazing transition..

RIMS improvements from the curve to the newer generation are just amazing

the storm is well worth it

in 2011... who knows what RIM will have out
    10-27-09 01:28 PM
    Ya that's how I feel ill have a updated bb till 2011 then rethink what I want then I mean for $50 I can't pass this up

10-27-09 01:30 PM
    I just left Sprint for VZW. This isn't a flame war, I was just over them. My wife and I ordered S1s through the BoGo. Even when sharing minutes on our new family plan its the same price as Sprint so we are not paying anymore than we would have. Our Storms are shipping with 5.0. The S2 might be out tomorrow, but I don't need wifi. We are really looking forward to being new Storm owners. For what its worth we also had Curve 8330s. Its going to be a great upgrade.

10-27-09 01:43 PM
    I would think that the S1 will come with .328 if purchased new. If not - it's not difficult to get it now.
    I had the 8330 in BOGO with my wife - long story short, I traded in mine for the storm and haven't looked back. You won't be sorry!!
    10-27-09 01:55 PM
    Do whatever you can stay away from any touch based device from RIM they don't know how to develop software for touchscreen based RIM devices.

The screen freezes and no way to input - the #@$! Phone cannot even dial.

B
    10-27-09 02:43 PM
    wait for the s2.
    10-27-09 02:49 PM
    wait.... the storm2 will be out tomorrow, and it supposed to be a much better device, and by the time your eligible for your upgrade verizon and rim will have had time to work out all the bugs that the storm2 may run into
    10-27-09 03:13 PM
    I have 30 days to decide. If I have problems, I can give my phone back and upgrade to the S2. No biggie.

10-27-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD