Has anyone been successful finding a workaround to the 2.9mb download limit? Through my searches, I found others are having the same issue yet after reading and reading I still did not find a post addressing how to get around it. BB said the limit should be 5mb...
    Thanks,
    Steve
    01-10-09 03:48 AM
    use opera mini and change the setting from protocol to http. I've downloaded over 100 mb files. I download all of the videos4blackberry ota using opera.
    01-10-09 06:54 AM
    use opera mini and change the setting from protocol to http. I've downloaded over 100 mb files. I download all of the videos4blackberry ota using opera.
    Being new to BB (Storm in particular) the thought of using Opera Mini, at this point, might not fit my limited knowledge of the overall use of the Storm. Though possibly incorrectly, I understood other forum members to say the available versions are not yet truly compatible with the Storm. If that is the case, I would most likely be safer waiting for such a version and live with the limitation.

Thank you and I am looking forward to trying it when available,
    Steve
    01-10-09 08:16 AM
    Being new to BB (Storm in particular) the thought of using Opera Mini, at this point, might not fit my limited knowledge of the overall use of the Storm. Though possibly incorrectly, I understood other forum members to say the available versions are not yet truly compatible with the Storm. If that is the case, I would most likely be safer waiting for such a version and live with the limitation.

Thank you and I am looking forward to trying it when available,
    Steve
    The only issues with opera mini for the storm is that the clicking function doesn't work. You just touch the screen like any other phone to make it work. And also that you have to manually bring up the keyboard sometimes. Other than that, it works just as well as on any other phone.
    01-10-09 09:43 AM
    I actually likest better without clicking and makes me much more accurate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 10:59 AM
    I played with Opera Mini last night for the first time. I didn't really care for the "touch not click" aspect of it because it turned it into an iPhone (constantly selecting something I didn't mean to select). But I do have to say WOW! is that thing fast.
    01-10-09 11:12 AM
    Once it's (if ever) optimized for the Storm it may be the browser of choice imho.
    01-10-09 12:50 PM
    I had it but then got rid of it, was pretty nice but I would like the click feature also.
    01-10-09 01:18 PM
    Sorry for the noob question but is it possible to have the OEM browser and Opera installed at the same time??

Example, I would mostly use the BB browser and switch to the Opera when I need to download large files. Anyone do this? Is it possible?
    01-10-09 01:24 PM
    Sorry for the noob question but is it possible to have the OEM browser and Opera installed at the same time??

Example, I would mostly use the BB browser and switch to the Opera when I need to download large files. Anyone do this? Is it possible?
    Yes. (Unrelated, did ya ever notice that a post has to be 10 characters, not including a quote?)
    01-10-09 01:45 PM
    Yes. (Unrelated, did ya ever notice that a post has to be 10 characters, not including a quote?)
    Thanks for the answer.

I did notice some people ending comments with "10 char". What is this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:34 PM
    Just to keep people from posting something like "agree" to get post counts. I've at other forums and people will quote other users quotes and put a period in the end saying they agree with them. Pointless posting pretty much and to get post counts up.

Opera is a nice browser, I loved it on my 8830 but being as the Storm is all touch screen, I would like to wait to get the Storm version of Opera.
    01-10-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD