Hey guys,

Anyone have a problem where you try and get email from a web outlook and it randomly starts to ask you to re validate it every 5 hours or so?

I have been using it flawlessly for some time now (1month) and all of a sudden its constantly asking me to do this and then sending me the same 16 emails that it thinks I never got.

So far, I have tried a battery pull to no avail. I am running whatever is the most current official release of the OS. I believe its .75

Is this a phone problem or the server? Any solutions?
    02-05-09 08:06 PM
    I had the same issue with web outlook when I first got it to work on my storm. I was asked to validate pretty much every 3 hours.

The revalidation problem went away when I was forced to change my password to my email at work (have to change them every 30 days, company policy).

Interestingly enough, I never had to update the password on my storm and the email account has been working flawlessly ever since.

I would suggest changing your password for your email account at work or wherever, and see how your storm responds.
    02-05-09 08:58 PM
    Hey guys,

Anyone have a problem where you try and get email from a web outlook and it randomly starts to ask you to re validate it every 5 hours or so?

I have been using it flawlessly for some time now (1month) and all of a sudden its constantly asking me to do this and then sending me the same 16 emails that it thinks I never got.

So far, I have tried a battery pull to no avail. I am running whatever is the most current official release of the OS. I believe its .75

Is this a phone problem or the server? Any solutions?
    I use OWA also, but never have this problem. THe only time it asks you to vaildate is when it cannot communicate with the mail server. It thinks it can't connect and quits trying. I would check to make sure you are not losing your internet connection or your server is not having issues. Check you Server Activity log for any erros.
    02-05-09 09:30 PM
    It was a password issue. Just needed to update it via a computer first. Thanks everyone!
    02-06-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD