Hello everyone!

I am new to BB's in general, and aside from the basic learning curve, I LOVE my new Storm. That said, one disappointment I have encountered is that I am unable to access my WordPress.com blog. Whenever I load WordPress.com I can't enter my username or password, because no matter what I try, I can't seem to select the text fields to enter them!

Does anyone know why this is happening, and if so if there is a way around the problem?

Thanks in advance!
    03-13-09 10:54 PM
    WordPress › WPhone � WordPress Plugins in conjunction with MobilePress - Enable The Mobile Web

Will help...also might wanna check out...

Vayyoo's vPost, Sheds Whole New Light On Email! | CrackBerry.com

You can see all in action ahead of time at...

.::[Videos4BlackBerry]::. -, although I never adjust the pics for the mobile version, but it will give you an idea on how it will look if you DID adjust them. Of course all this assumes you have axxess to load plugins, if not just adjust your browser emulation mode to either FireFox or Internet Explorer and it will function fine, but hardly optimized.

Login page can be seen @ .::[Videos4BlackBerry]::. › Log In
    03-13-09 11:13 PM
    Thanks for the resources!

My problem though is that I'm using a WordPress.com blog, not a privately hosted domain with a wordpress installation.

I'm sure I'll make the switch to a privately hosted blog in the future, just not ready to transition yet. For now the only way I can access my blog is to log into WordPress.com, which I still can't do from my Storm.
    03-13-09 11:50 PM
    make sure when you go to select the text field you are not clicking down, just pushing down on the touchscreen. i haven't checked in a little but i'm pretty sure this is how it works
    03-14-09 12:06 AM

Works fine on mine, are you zooming in?
    03-14-09 12:14 AM
    oh now that's just mean man. MEAN. lol. Why can't I do that?!

Yes, no matter how close I zoom, I can't pick up the field. Zooming is about all I can do on this page. Did you modify your browser at all? Just curious.
    Last edited by lacwav; 03-14-09 at 12:19 AM.
    03-14-09 12:16 AM
    Nope, not at all...just zoom in and tap in the blank white space. That's it.
    03-14-09 01:57 AM
    Ugh. So strange!

Now that I know it's not a compatability issue between the site and the device it's even more frustrating. I can log into everything else just fine!

I did find that going to m.wordpress.com rather than WordPress.com � Get a Free Blog Here allows me to access the "wordpress gadget" and I can post from there... but I don't have any editing capability, just basic text, categories and tags.

It would be nice to be able to use this phones browser to access the full wordpress.com interface while on the road :/

If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears!
    03-14-09 08:34 AM
    Just after my last post, I found a way to "backdoor" in...

on the m.wordpress.com gadget there is a link to view all of the stats for any particular blog. That link takes me to the actual wordpress.com stats page, where I can then navigate to do whatever I want. Plus, now that I've logged in and checked "remember me" its logs me in automatically.

I still can't use format text in posts unless I come back later on from a desktop browser... not the end of the world, but in light of this, I'll probably just stick to the m.wordpress gadget when posting... it just loads faster, my Storm really stuggles with the wordpress.com interface... maybe I've finally found the limits of the browser. Has anyone else logged in this way and had issues?
    03-14-09 09:02 AM
    Sadly, already tried that with no luck. Once you log in, how does the "new post" page look? It isn't fully functional on my BB and I'm wondering if others are noticing the same...

Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 05:46 PM
    Just a thought... Not sure if you're against the idea but they have an app which I fnd very useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD