I was wanting to type up a word document today and saw that I had to purchase it to do so. Is it worth it and how much is it?
    11-29-08 04:36 PM
    Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

Its expensive but highly rated from other people on this forum. I haven't needed to create yet so I haven't looked into it.
    11-29-08 06:57 PM
    I can't imagine it being very useful for anything beyond extraordinarily quick edits.
    11-29-08 07:01 PM
    i think so but it just depends you need to decide how much word docs or power point, or excel you will be doing on the fly..... if you can justify it it is worth getting.
    11-29-08 07:09 PM
    If you're not planning on using it very often, you can always save a blank Word/Excel file to your phone & edit it when you need to create a new file. You just have to remember to change the name when you save it. That's what I did in the past & will probably do again since I only need to create a file on the go every 2-3 months. The extra convenience just isn't worth the cost of the full program to me.
    11-29-08 07:49 PM
    ah i was about to say, "wait a second, this phone already does this!"

but i guess the word 2 go doesnt let you create NEW documents?
    11-29-08 07:52 PM
    I just updated my curve OS today to .77. I had the option to install documentstogo so I did. Free of charge and it works great! Dont know if this will be an option with the Storm on its upgrade but I was sure pleased.
    11-29-08 07:54 PM
    I don't know, I can't get mine to open up my docs except the ones made on the BB.
    11-29-08 07:54 PM
    I was wanting to type up a word document today and saw that I had to purchase it to do so. Is it worth it and how much is it?
    Don't buy it! Save a blank document to your memory card (name it template or something. Then when you want to create a document just open this.
    11-29-08 07:58 PM
    wait a seocnd, the one that comes on the phone is view only?

doesnt the storm AD say you cana EDIT and view documents?

mine appears to be read only...
    12-01-08 01:35 AM
    comon people would you really consider spending 49.99 for a subscription or 69.99 for the program?

I mean heck open office on a PC is a close remake of microsoft office and its free...

creating these documents on a phone for that much money is simply not worth it.

How often do you really intend on creating a word or other document from your phone?

I would assume most of you have pcs and or laptops...

I understand developers want money on software but this is not worth 70 bucks lol

just my 2 cents
    12-01-08 01:42 AM
    comon people would you really consider spending 49.99 for a subscription or 69.99 for the program?

I mean heck open office on a PC is a close remake of microsoft office and its free...

creating these documents on a phone for that much money is simply not worth it.

How often do you really intend on creating a word or other document from your phone?

I would assume most of you have pcs and or laptops...

I understand developers want money on software but this is not worth 70 bucks lol

just my 2 cents
    ya well I have to write up quotes and jot down notes for installs that i do all the time. So for me I have to be able to create new docs. However I thinkit is cheap of Docs to go to but some screwed up version of docs to go on this phone my Q had the capabilities to create new docs and it was free. or should i say came with the phone at least.
    12-01-08 01:54 AM
    I am just trying to clear up what you get on the phone for free, the programs under applications.

What can you do with these? I know you can OPEN and VIEW word documents cause i tried it.

The verizon storm page says

"View and Revise microsoft word, excel and powerpoint documents"

so i dont get what you guys are paying $70 for?
    12-01-08 02:51 AM
    The extra money gets you extra editing features, but nothing worth the money. I create and edit word and excel docs on the bold and then worry about the formatting, spell checking, and other nice-to-have stuff oncve I get it onto the pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 03:03 AM
    The extra money gets you extra editing features, but nothing worth the money. I create and edit word and excel docs on the bold and then worry about the formatting, spell checking, and other nice-to-have stuff oncve I get it onto the pc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for clearing this up. i thought verizon was false advertising again! i remember my v710 settlement

odd though, i couldnt edit the document i opened. i should be able to right?
    12-01-08 03:09 AM
    odd though, i couldnt edit the document i opened. i should be able to right?
    Yes, you should. I created an Excel spreadsheet on my desktop PC and then e-mailed it to my Storm. I saved the attachment to the memory card and pulled it up via "Sheets To Go". Had no problems viewing, editing, and re-saving the file on the Storm.

(This was my checkbook register until Ascendo updated their "Money" application to work on the Storm)
    12-01-08 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD