And I'm really excited about the media application too. I am hoping that my touch gets a whole lot less use in the future because I hate having to carry both around.
    11-04-08 02:46 PM
    Doesn't matter, they will have an update available upon release. Voda hasn't been doing well lately and feel the need to get the device out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hear ya. I just remember the PR hit that the iPhone (1st gen) took when it was first released, because of all the massive bugs. They have since cured many of them via s/w and h/w updates, but as it was stated above, you only get one chance to make a first impression. It makes a better impression when the thing comes out of the box ready to hit the ground running, vice having to wait a couple of days/weeks/months to get a good OS update. Like a bad Tequila. Just can't get that taste out of your mouth sometimes. lol
    11-04-08 03:04 PM
    After thinking on it some more, I think the X factor for most will be how they feel about the click screen (its like the click of a mouse button with less suspension travel).

That and how well you are able to move the screen using fingertips. Hopefully its as intuative as the iphone.

11-04-08 03:35 PM
    All you guys on Verizon need to remember that Voda is going to market with a old OS version. .46 is what's installed.
    Now .53 is what was at the Dev conference, and now Verizon is in the high .6*'s. Quit freaking out over nothing.

Wouldnt be an issue if OP posted the OS that he was playing with. Not everyone knows what votafone, or VZW is upto with their OS releases

just saying ...

But thanks for jumping in, i was about to freak out LOL
    11-04-08 04:33 PM
    After thinking on it some more, I think the X factor for most will be how they feel about the click screen (its like the click of a mouse button with less suspension travel).

That and how well you are able to move the screen using fingertips. Hopefully its as intuative as the iphone.

Does it seem likely to attempt to slide the screen and accidentally click down?
    11-04-08 04:34 PM
    I guess we should thank Verizon for being high maintenance.
    11-04-08 05:00 PM
    DV8ED; just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience..
    AKA
    S1
    11-04-08 05:33 PM
    DV8ED; just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience..
    AKA
    S1
    I'll second that. Thnx DV8ED for sharing. It's always good to hear new hands-on experiences and opinions.
    11-04-08 05:51 PM
    I'll second that. Thnx DV8ED for sharing. It's always good to hear new hands-on experiences and opinions.
    Same here. Every little bit helps.
    11-04-08 06:12 PM
    Does it seem likely to attempt to slide the screen and accidentally click down?
    no that doesn't seem likely. i think the travel and pressure required to 'click' is where it needs to be...
    11-05-08 09:15 AM
    I've not got an iphone but I do have the ipod touch. I have medium length nails and find it very difficult to use touch screens with my nails. But if the storm has the feel of a pressing on a keypad then i am presuming that it should work and I wont have to cut my nails! I am really looking forward to playing with it and I hope it is delivered to me next week.
    11-05-08 09:26 AM
    I've not got an iphone but I do have the ipod touch. I have medium length nails and find it very difficult to use touch screens with my nails. But if the storm has the feel of a pressing on a keypad then i am presuming that it should work and I wont have to cut my nails! I am really looking forward to playing with it and I hope it is delivered to me next week.
    The Storm's screen is capacitive, just like the Ipod Touch/Iphone. Which means the selections still only react to the fingertips. Even though the Storm requires pressure to make the click, it still requires the fingertip to make the selection. Sorry. =/
    Last edited by cjro9; 11-05-08 at 09:48 AM.
    11-05-08 09:28 AM
    Oh poo

Well I have 2 weeks to play with it and then can send it back.
    11-05-08 09:33 AM
    Doesn't matter, they will have an update available upon release. Voda hasn't been doing well lately and feel the need to get the device out.

True, seems like Voda could update OS at the time of the sell or at least point new buyers in the right direction to getting latest OS version.

11-05-08 09:48 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD