04-11-09 04:45 AM
    The Storm is built solidly as many have stated. The screen is also highly scratch resistant... I remember watching a youtube video of a dude scratching the Storm's screen with a slew of objects and nothing yielded a result. I think it would pass the majority of tests. I know people put it down, saying its hardware sucks and what not. But it really is such a great phone once you become accustomed too it IMO. Also on a personal note, I feel nowadays everyone puts a case on everything, and baby all their electronics it almost makes it pointless. You bought the device to use, and enjoy not baby. Cases make it bulky, take away from its natural aesthetics, and even function. I remember forgetting to take of the screen guard it came with. When I did the screen felt so different. With a device this great I naturally take care of it, and don't really need cases and such. I just personally just feel they take away from the whole experience of truly using it, but that's just me...
    04-11-09 05:44 AM
    Do you wax your car or put tire shine on the wheels? Some put LeBras on their vehicle or now adays the 3m paint guard.
    Its all about protecting an investment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:06 AM
    Do you wax your car or put tire shine on the wheels? Some put LeBras on their vehicle or now adays the 3m paint guard.
    Its all about protecting an investment.

I hardly call a 500.00 an investment lol
    04-11-09 01:40 PM
    Did you take some of the money you earned to buy it? Then it is an investment. It may not be a lot to you but for some people it is.

04-11-09 01:59 PM
    yes i most definately wash and wax my car. infact i wash it at least once a week haha and it's only a 2000 jeep grand cherokee.

my storm on the other hand? i have a screen protector on it of course. but no case at all.

my dad bought me the jeep for my bday 4 years ago. i bought the storm myself.
    04-11-09 05:08 PM
    Did you take some of the money you earned to buy it? Then it is an investment. It may not be a lot to you but for some people it is.

I would call it an asset, but not an investment unless I thought I would make money on it over time. I really don't think my Storm is going to increase in value in the next couple of years.
    04-11-09 05:50 PM
    I would call it an asset, but not an investment unless I thought I would make money on it over time. I really don't think my Storm is going to increase in value in the next couple of years.
    perhaps not, but certainly the storm (or whatever BB they're using) is a money maker for many people. It increases productivity many times over in the business world.

That being said, I've never seen a carpenter put a protective case on his hammer that he uses daily....The storm is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. Don't use the storm as a hammer and it shouldn't need a case.
    04-11-09 08:45 PM
    Chances are, mint condition or not, the phone is only going to last 12-18 months. Users of the Storm are high-end users and high-end users always need to have the next best thing. I'm sure I will move on when the next best thing comes out, so why waste the money on cases and protectors?

04-11-09 08:50 PM
    A trouser leg is used to rub the devices up and down 750,000 times over a period lasting several days.

This is a much about testing for dust build up as it is about marking and discolouration.
    F***.... we lost that one. lol
    04-11-09 09:57 PM
    Uh? No, I don't wax the car, or put on tire shine, or put a case on electronic things that aren't critical to saving my life. (OK, I do drive through a car wash so it isn't filthy.)

I will grant that I am probably from a different generation, and I did/do baby my old vinyl LPs, which is probably about the same kind of behavior if we examined it from a psychological perspective. They have been my prizes for decades.

But for me, at least at my age, a car and the phone are completely disposable tools. Sure, I don't want to purposely destroy or waste them (hey - they cost money), but I don't go out of my way to baby them either. When they're used up, they're used up. Get another one.

(Warning, never buy a used car from me unless you want it for spare parts. I promise when I finished with it, it's used up, like totally used up.)

MB
    04-11-09 10:06 PM
    I put a case on mine because I want it to still have some value left when I go to sell it in a year. It's not about babying it... At least not for me.

04-11-09 10:12 PM
    yes i most definately wash and wax my car. infact i wash it at least once a week haha and it's only a 2000 jeep grand cherokee.

my storm on the other hand? i have a screen protector on it of course. but no case at all.

my dad bought me the jeep for my bday 4 years ago. i bought the storm myself.
    wash and wax it once a week? or just wash.. cause if you wax
    04-11-09 10:25 PM
    perhaps not, but certainly the storm (or whatever BB they're using) is a money maker for many people. It increases productivity many times over in the business world.

That being said, I've never seen a carpenter put a protective case on his hammer that he uses daily....The storm is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. Don't use the storm as a hammer and it shouldn't need a case.
    I couldn't have said it better myself... exactly... the storm is a tool for life, and if you use it the way its supposed to be used you don't need a case and all that extra jazz. i still do not understand why people want screen protectors on their storms its as scratch resistive as they come... consumerism is taking over
    04-11-09 10:38 PM
    wow, there are some pretentious dickheads on this forum..........

Maybe not an 'investment', but $500 is almost half a paycheck for me....... After taxes and necessary accessories (holster, screen protector) it comes out closer to $600.
    04-12-09 12:27 AM
    wash and wax it once a week? or just wash.. cause if you wax
    haha no i only wash it once a week. wax it once a month maybe. i live in the boonies and on a dirt road. so it gets dirty rather quickly lol
    04-12-09 08:47 AM
    Wow! I can't believe someone actually is comparing a hammer to a Storm. You've got to be kidding me.

If a Carpenter should happen to drop his hammmer, rest assured, it's completely usable afteward (I seriously doubt anyone is too worried over a hammer acquiring a few scratches from normal or abnormal use). Try driving a couple nails with your Storm and let us know it if still has the same appeal to you afterward.
    04-12-09 09:02 AM
    I did and was using a screen protector for a few months,and after watching and reading some reviews i took it off.....The case on the other hand I will keep it in, IF i was to drop my phone with it not in a case and it so happened I lucked out and nothing happened to it,I would probably be running off to buy a case for it,,,IF i was to drop it without being in a case and it broke ,chipped, screen popped off, I would be ...SO why take that chance...
    04-12-09 09:05 AM
    Wow! I can't believe someone actually is comparing a hammer to a Storm. You've got to be kidding me.

If a Carpenter should happen to drop his hammmer, rest assured, it's completely usable afteward (I seriously doubt anyone is too worried over a hammer acquiring a few scratches from normal or abnormal use). Try driving a couple nails with your Storm and let us know it if still has the same appeal to you afterward.
    you truly understood that analogy
    04-12-09 09:05 AM
    wow, there are some pretentious dickheads on this forum..........

Maybe not an 'investment', but $500 is almost half a paycheck for me....... After taxes and necessary accessories (holster, screen protector) it comes out closer to $600.
    Hey dumb dumb. If that is half your paycheck, why would you buy such an expensive phone?
    The only ******** here is you because you obviously don't have a brain in it...

04-12-09 09:21 AM
    I am sure I am not the only one that started off buying $500 or less in stock per trade! Nowadays I wouldn't waste the $9.95 commission on a trade that small

But I still had cool, and expensive toys that I didn't want to break. I donno tho, if I was worried about it I would rather get the insurance than a case so I could drop-kick it when I wanted a new one lol

I've never worried about it tho. I have always felt that if a device could break from normal usage, than I didn't want it!
    04-12-09 09:36 AM
    you truly understood that analogy

Nope... I understood it completely.....................................

.............. I just felt it was poor, that's all.
    04-14-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD