Hey guys,

I am a college student who has little free on time on my hands, and I religiously use the outlook calender and my blackberry calender to manage my time.

I need my phone and outlook calender to sync with one another wirelessly

Heres my issue:

I dont have BES. However, my schools email is on the microsoft exchange.

I would like for my outlook calender on my laptop and the calender on my blackberry to wirelessly sync with one another FOR FREE WITHOUT USING GOOGLE SYNC!

does someone have an answer for me?

Ok if there is a program that will do it for under $50 ill take it into consideration, but I'd like it to be free.

Thanks in advance

SOLUTION: Funambol Open Source Mobile Cloud Sync and Push Email GREAT SERVICE!!!
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 11-01-09 at 09:42 PM.
    10-29-09 06:17 PM
    what's wrong with using the google suite of life-management software?
    10-29-09 06:43 PM
    Why can't you just use the Windows Desktop Manager application and sync the two devices through blue tooth? If your laptop doesn't have BT, I would suggest buying a simple $13 BT adapter and use it. I've done this type of sync for quite a period of time.

I understand you want this to happen while away from your computer but being a student who would be entering items on your calendar for you beside you?
    10-29-09 06:57 PM
    Why can't you just use the Windows Desktop Manager application and sync the two devices through blue tooth? If your laptop doesn't have BT, I would suggest buying a simple $13 BT adapter and use it. I've done this type of sync for quite a period of time.

I understand you want this to happen while away from your computer but being a student who would be entering items on your calendar for you beside you?
    I wasnt aware you could do this.

my laptop does have bluetooth. your saying i can sync my berry to outlook using the desktop manager and bluetooth?

how?
    10-29-09 07:14 PM
    I dont think he is questioning using bluetooth or not...what he wants is auto-syncing from wherever and whenever like what BES or the google software does. no PC required

if that is not what he wants, then just us the cord, its just as easy as the bluetooth would be
    10-29-09 07:14 PM
    I dont think he is questioning using bluetooth or not...what he wants is auto-syncing from wherever and whenever like what BES or the google software does. no PC required

if that is not what he wants, then just us the cord, its just as easy as the bluetooth would be
    See that was easy..... First response was uncalled for and was removed.......
    10-29-09 07:18 PM

yes this is exactly what i want.

I want to be able to add to the calender on my phone and add to the calender on outlook and than have them sync so when i view a calender it is 100% up to date.

my issue right now is that the calender on my phone and the calender in outlook are different. I need them to constantly be the same so i dont schedule anything at conflicting times.
    10-29-09 07:22 PM
    well let me ask you this,

can google sync mobile sync the phone 2 ways or only one way?

meaning that it can sync your google calender to your phone, but it wont sync your blackberry calender to your google calender
    10-29-09 07:26 PM
    Google calendar sync works both ways.
    10-29-09 07:33 PM
    Google calendar sync works both ways.

Exactly, and its great
    10-29-09 08:13 PM
    i just wish it updated instantly... no every 2 hours bs and what not... and question.. if you make a change on your calender on your blackberry, and it syncs it with google calender, does it make the change on outlook as well?
    10-29-09 08:16 PM
    Why can't you use the Blackberry desktop re-director?

You want to sync Outlook to the Blackberry. It doesn't matter where Outlook is getting your e-mail from. When you first go to install DM, you have a choice of whether you want to use the desktop re-director, or Corporate e-mail.

I use BPS/ BES, so I haven't used the desktop redirector since the very first blackberry that was made. However, whenever I install DM on a PC, I recall being asked about the redirector.

I think the only requirement for this is that the PC and Outlook remain on and open. From then on, full 2-way sync. I don't know if it includes memo's and tasks, but it should include e-mail and calendar...

Edit: According to Verizon, an Exchange server account is required Verizon Wireless - BlackBerry Email System Requirements
    Last edited by croldan72; 10-29-09 at 09:07 PM.
    10-29-09 09:03 PM
    i just wish it updated instantly... no every 2 hours bs and what not... and question.. if you make a change on your calender on your blackberry, and it syncs it with google calender, does it make the change on outlook as well?
    You can set the sync interval on the desktop Outlook app; in my office, we use fifteen minutes. You can also force a sync on the BlackBerry app at any time.

Why does the sync interval matter if you're the only user, anyway? It isn't as if someone will be changing your schedule in Outlook while you're someplace else with your BlackBerry. Besides, if your computer is powered off while you're away, Outlook isn't going to sync with Google calendar, anyway.

Since both the Outlook and BlackBerry apps sync with your Google calendar, changes made on one device propagate to all of the other devices. For instance:

New/edited/deleted item on BlackBerry --> Google Calendar --> Outlook.

I have two desktop computers, two notebooks and my BlackBerry constantly synched through Google calendar. Pne of the desktops runs Mozilla Thunderbird and everything else runs Outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 04:09 AM
    You can set the sync interval on the desktop New/edited/deleted item on BlackBerry --> Google Calendar --> Outlook.

I have two desktop computers, two notebooks and my BlackBerry constantly synched through Google calendar. Pne of the desktops runs Mozilla Thunderbird and everything else runs Outlook.
    @ rlmesq:

how do you use google sync for outlook? do you have a Google Apps Premier account? i have Google Apps and unless I upgrade to the paid Premier vesion, i cannot sync my outlook with gmail.

thanks!
    10-30-09 06:04 AM
    well i found the answer to my problem.

funambol.com
    11-01-09 09:41 PM
    I'd like to continue this discussion if I may

I have Google Sync and like it so far. I have it set to my pc to sync automatically , but it does not. I can click for it to do so manually. I have it set to 120 minutes and have experimented with different times.

When I have it manually sync, it works like a charm.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Tks
    11-03-09 04:02 AM
    I'd like to continue this discussion if I may

I have Google Sync and like it so far. I have it set to my pc to sync automatically , but it does not. I can click for it to do so manually. I have it set to 120 minutes and have experimented with different times.

When I have it manually sync, it works like a charm.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Tks
    forget google's service.

try Funambol, you will be extremely impressed.
    11-03-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD