The reason I ask is, I see they have the Storm for $129. When I was in the Verizon store the other day and again today when I was speaking with a sales rep, they've both told me to watch out for the Wirefly offers and the guy today told me the phones are not new phones?
    Can anybody confirm that they are new phones? Also, if I purchase through Wirefly, I get billed through Verizon, right?, but if there's anything wrong with the phone, I assume I have to send back to Wirefly for a replacement, correct?

Any pros/cons of ordering from Wirefly other than I have to wait for the phone to arrive?

Thanks
    Suz
    02-13-09 01:23 PM
    I've bought many phones through wirefly and don't know if they are new or refurb, but if they break, you will get a replacement through the carrier (e.g. Verizon).
    02-13-09 01:31 PM
    i ordered an LG phone from them a few years ago. it worked out fine. I think Verizon says those things because they want you to by from them for a higher profit margin

But I don't think wirefly is different from any other vendor, in terms of phone quality at least.
    02-13-09 01:34 PM
    Wirefly phones are new... Wirefly is a reseller for verizon. The only difference is that wirefly offers a better price because of the cancellation agreement. With Wirefly if you terminate within 6mo's you have to pay them a termination fee as well as the verizon ETF. I ran into this once before. It was cheaper to keep the phone till the 6mo's was up then just pay the verizon ETF. You still have the exchange option for 30days but if you go over that plan on keeping the phone for 6mo's min.

its all in their cancellation policy they show before you complete your order.
    Last edited by podawk; 02-13-09 at 01:55 PM.
    02-13-09 01:52 PM
    I bought a new Storm from Wirefly in November the first week they came out. I replaced it last week at the VZW store due to dust but the phones are definitely brand new.
    02-13-09 02:01 PM
    My sister has bought a few phones from wirefly and has had no issue with phones. Phones usually come sealed in the box. Just read he fine print and don't cancel for 6 months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 02:27 PM
    When you buy from a 3rd party such as Wirefly, they do sell some refurb phones, or phones that were returned to them. You cannot get tech support or exchange in a Verizon store within the first 30 days. In the first 30 days you must return the phone to the 3rd party. This is where it can get tricky. Many 3rd party retailers only offer a 15 day return policy, which leaves you 15 days of limbo if you have problems and need to exchange. Make sure you verify their return exchange policy before you buy.
    Also, in may instances you sign a second contract for service through them. This may, or may not, involve extra ETF charges. Make sure you know that policy, also.

And, back on the refurb/return phones, if they are selling you a previously used phone as new, they have to disclose this information before they ring out the purchase, so be sure to ask. I've found that a few 3rd party resellers do not abide by this contractual obligation to Verizon.
    02-13-09 02:36 PM
    Thanks all for your prompt replies! I just hit the submit button for the Wirefly order I had a feeling that maybe the Verizon reps were just saying that to get me into the store. Now, if they would have price matched Wirefly, I would have been happy to head into the store. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the $199 for one, when they have a B1G1 special going on. No need for another one as husband has all he can do to run the basic LG that he has.

Suz
    02-13-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD