Have been using wired headset to listen to music AND for voice calls. The answer/pause button quit working, I ordered a new one. It doesn't work either, so it is either the update I applied last or the phone itself. Anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by wedunham; 07-12-09 at 10:25 AM.
    07-12-09 09:57 AM
    I've got 2 different headsets (bb and scullcandy FMJ) and both mics work fine on .151. Try a battery pull first. If that doesn't help, see if you can find a friend with one to try out, or go into a verizon store, and have them try it with their own headset.
    07-12-09 11:48 AM
    I upgraded to .151. Still same results. Am charging bt headset to see how that acts.

Will try friend's at work tomorrow....
    07-12-09 11:50 AM
    I tried battery pull first....and several plug/unplug cycles of the headset. Crap - if I have to take the set to Verizon, I will have to reinstall the old os.
    07-12-09 11:53 AM
    Try running a q-tip in and out of the hole. Maybe even put a drop of alcohol on it (pull the battery and leave it out while you do that, and then run a dry q-tip in/out before putting battery back in). These headsets are what they call 4 pole. One of the segments (poles) in your jack and on the headset control the mic. Could just be that you've got a piece of lint or other junk stuck in the hole and it's interfering with the mic pole/connection.
    07-12-09 01:04 PM
    ooh-rah

Nope - no obstructions. Headsets are good AND buddies does not work in mine....Looks more and more like an insurance replacement.
    07-16-09 06:07 PM
    Forget the insurance. That will still cost you $50. This should be a warranty (free) replacement. If you take it in to a store, backup your data first. They may replace it right there on the spot.
    07-17-09 06:02 PM
    Don't I need to wipe it and reinstall a legit os version?
    07-20-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD