im looking to update to .113 but i want to wipe my phone fresh first. is there a program that will wipe your phone? or can someone direct me to steps to take to do this?
    03-24-09 07:17 PM
    03-24-09 07:19 PM
    OP, please ask a mod to move this to the OS beta discussions. thanks.
    03-24-09 07:21 PM
    dang, beat me too it....

You really dont HAVE to perform a wipe. DM will backup and wipe your previous OS for you for the most part. That is, if you follow instructions...

...and know how to read...
    03-24-09 07:22 PM
    Use jlcmdr or Options > Security > General > BBkey > Wipe Handheld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:22 PM
    dang, beat me too it....

You really dont HAVE to perform a wipe. DM will backup and wipe your previous OS for you for the most part. That is, if you follow instructions...

...and know how to read...
    I would agree, only because I did a wipe prior to .113 and now my phone is fubared for browser, mms. Not saying its because of the wipe, but I need a reason to blame my problems on and right now I cant figure out what else to do. lol.
    03-24-09 07:28 PM
    I would agree, only because I did a wipe prior to .113 and now my phone is fubared for browser, mms. Not saying its because of the wipe, but I need a reason to blame my problems on and right now I cant figure out what else to do. lol.
    You totally just jacked the thread...

But hey, since were on the subject!

Are those the only two things missing or non-functional? Have you tried Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table???

Press the BB button and register?????
    03-24-09 07:34 PM
    Use jlcmdr or Options > Security > General > BBkey > Wipe Handheld

Wiping handheld sets it back to factory conditions

JL_CMDR flat out "reformats" it....
    03-24-09 07:37 PM
    You totally just jacked the thread...

But hey, since were on the subject!

Are those the only two things missing or non-functional? Have you tried Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table???

Press the BB button and register?????
    No because I recommend that the OP does not wipe the phone, as sometimes problems emerge when doing an unnecessary process. I was merely relaying my issues since I did the wipe. Didnt have those issues when I put on .109. Thats all.
    03-24-09 08:17 PM
    Wiping handheld sets it back to factory conditions

JL_CMDR flat out "reformats" it....
    JL_CMDR has two options: wipe (ie delete OS)
    And
    Reset to default settings

The later is pretty much the same as the "wipe handheld" option on the phone itself.

03-25-09 05:10 PM
    No because I recommend that the OP does not wipe the phone, as sometimes problems emerge when doing an unnecessary process. I was merely relaying my issues since I did the wipe. Didnt have those issues when I put on .109. Thats all.
    So are u still running around with no browser? Because grasps suggestion will get your browser back for u....

03-25-09 06:39 PM
    great info... will use it once i get my storm
    03-25-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD