Wiped my Storm from Option>Security Options>General Setting>Wipe Handheld. I understand that doing that wasn't going to clear my Storm, but I thought it would fix my aweful battery draining issues, it didn't. I can't do the J._... (don't know what its exactly called) wipe because my Vista isn't lettingme (and yes I did the alternative instructions for 64 and 32 bit Vista systems). Now I have Crackutil... but the problem is that my computer is not reading my Storm for me to do this wipe. What's going on? (Yes I have done about an hour and a half of research on this issue within the CB forum and nothing is working).
    05-09-09 02:16 AM
    Without being on a computer to look around I might not be much help but if I recall correctly I had something similar happen. Did a battery pull and rebooted the pc and it fixed it. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 02:31 AM
    Did that. It will pick up my bb for 5 seconds ( i know because there is a little bolt over the battery to let me know its charging) and then it goes away. My battery is at 50% so I know it's not completely charged and the bolt shouldn't have gone away. On my cpu there is an X over the DM in the task tray letting me know that the connection was unsuccessful. Ugh, this is frusterating.
    05-09-09 02:41 AM
    Unplug your phone and remove the battery. Open up DM. Plug the phone in with the battery still out. Give it a minute to see if it recognizes it. If not, go ahead and put the battery in, cross your fingers, and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, try using loader.exe instead of DM.

05-09-09 02:53 AM
    Did that. It will pick up my bb for 5 seconds ( i know because there is a little bolt over the battery to let me know its charging) and then it goes away. My battery is at 50% so I know it's not completely charged and the bolt shouldn't have gone away. On my cpu there is an X over the DM in the task tray letting me know that the connection was unsuccessful. Ugh, this is frusterating.
    Did you try this I pulled this off of BBOS website

Windows Vista:
    Go to the main hard drive (usually C:\ drive)
    Click on �Users�
    Select the appropriate user profile the client uses
    Click the �Application Data� folder (make sure all hidden files and folders are displayed)
    Click the �Research In Motion� folder
    Click the �Blackberry� folder
    Delete the �Intellisync� folder
    Reconnect RIM device and complete a synchronize
    Note: To enable all hidden files and folders open Windows Explorer and click Tools > Folder Options > View > Click �Show Hidden Files and Folders�.
    05-09-09 02:54 AM
    I'm confused though. Are you trying to do a wipe with jl_cmdr or are you trying to reload the os? Wipe handheld on th device just returns the phone to factory condition.

05-09-09 02:56 AM
    jl_cmdr does NOT work for me so I am resulting to other ways. When I try to use CrackUlti its telling met hat my file access has been denied thus it cannot read my OS. My goal is to get my phone back to its default factory settings and build from there to hopefully solve this draining battery issue
    05-09-09 03:08 AM
    Did you try this I pulled this off of BBOS website

Windows Vista:
    Go to the main hard drive (usually C:\ drive)
    Click on �Users�
    Select the appropriate user profile the client uses
    Click the �Application Data� folder (make sure all hidden files and folders are displayed)
    Click the �Research In Motion� folder
    Click the �Blackberry� folder
    Delete the �Intellisync� folder
    Reconnect RIM device and complete a synchronize
    Note: To enable all hidden files and folders open Windows Explorer and click Tools > Folder Options > View > Click �Show Hidden Files and Folders�.

The route to get to the Blackberry folder is slightly different. I have to go to program files, not application date to get to the RIM folder. but once i get to the blackberry folder there is no intellisync folder. :-( ughhhh but thanks for the post
    05-09-09 03:17 AM
    jl_cmdr does NOT work for me so I am resulting to other ways. When I try to use CrackUlti its telling met hat my file access has been denied thus it cannot read my OS. My goal is to get my phone back to its default factory settings and build from there to hopefully solve this draining battery issue
    You need to right click on CrackUtil>and select "Run as Administrator". But I believe you are doing the wrong thing. Once you wipe the device with JL_Cmder or CrackUtil, your device is NOT going to work at all. It's going to wipe the device software from the phone. You will have a white screen with a '507' Error. Then you will need to reload the entire OS again. If you have a bad memory leak, I would suggest changing the OS that the device is using. But if you wipe your device, and don't know how to recover it, you're going to have a paper weight instead of a cell phone.
    05-09-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD