I was installing some new Bluetooth drivers for my laptop and when they were finished I noticed a icon on my desktop "Paul-9530". I double clicked it and it brought me to this screen:

Well I have never really used my phone's bluetooth but I do use Tetherberry and it would be much more convenient if I could tether over bluetooth so I tried it.

Well my phone says on the top of it "Modem Mode Enabled" an my computer shows everything as connected. However I do not actually get an internet over the phone.

Does anyone know if this feature could be made to work? It is so convenient!

Thanks!
    06-21-09 07:33 PM
    bump! I am curious about this.
    06-21-09 11:46 PM
    So what you mean is that although everything says you're connected you can't get the internet on your computer through your phone? Or are you trying to get internet on your phone through your computer?
    06-22-09 12:29 AM
    Can't help you with Tetherberry...

But the legit way to do it (assuming you had a tethering plan of course) would be to set up a DUN in Windows with #777 as the number to be dialed, and (phone number here)@vzw3g.com as the username, and vzw as the password. Windows should allow you to select the Blackberry as a modem.
    06-22-09 12:43 AM

But the legit way to do it (assuming you had a tethering plan of course) would be to set up a DUN in Windows with #777 as the number to be dialed, and (phone number here)@vzw3g.com as the username, and vzw as the password. Windows should allow you to select the Blackberry as a modem.
    This works perfectly. I set up my Storm to tether under Windows 7 in about 45 seconds.
    06-22-09 03:02 AM

That is the correct way of setting up the DUN. Unless your account is provisioned for it yoy will not get the Internet. You will hit a wall telling you to sign up for the BBA connect plan.
    06-22-09 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD