I've done a search and couldn't find the answer. When I first got my Storm 1 month ago (.75), I successfully synced with windows media player and was able to copy playlists to the storm. I could then view and play the playlists on the storm.

I've since upgraded to .109 and it seems that this functionality is gone. I can transfer playlists to the Storm, and all the songs transfer correctly, but the actual playlist is gone. Any ideas? And please don't suggest iTunes. My music collection is stored nicely in Windows Media Player and shared with 5 computers in my home.
    03-11-09 02:05 PM
    jrodbbrook;

Not sure if you ever got an answer, but I've had some fits and ****s with syncing Windows Media Player songs and playlists to my Tour 9630. Here's what happens...

If I sync directly *FROM* Windows Media Player via the Sync command, it will sync the songs from a playlist, but will NOT copy the playlist itself. When using this command, it stores the music files on my BB's SD card in a "music" directory on the root level -- "file\\\SDCard\music".

If I sync via the Media Sync option in the BB desktop app, it copies BOTH the music and playlist from Windows Media Player, however it puts it at "file\\\SDCard\Blackberry\music\media sync".

Now I've got music in two places.

I can move the music files and manually edit the playlist file, however you've got to be careful... syncing from WMP or BB Desktop alters filenames, stripping out hyphens and certain other characters, as well as limiting the length of the file names. I mention this, because you cannot simply drag-and-drop a playlist file from your PC and expect it to work with the synced music files.

Really wish this process was easier. Ideally, I would like to simply use Windows Media Player to do the sync, but it needs to also SYNC playlists! Grr.
    08-22-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD