It's an animated gif.

11-16-08 03:17 PM
    lol why would you want that? anyways i got a question, can you take any picture and make it your background? even a computer wallpaper sized picture?
    11-16-08 03:20 PM
    LOL!!!! It rocks!!! I love it!!!
    11-16-08 03:21 PM
    lol why would you want that? anyways i got a question, can you take any picture and make it your background? even a computer wallpaper sized picture?
    You can on other Blackberries, I'm sure the Storm will be no exception.

-SR-
    11-16-08 03:22 PM
    It's an animated gif.

I think that would give me a headache!

Aside from that, didn't someone develop a BB wallpaper that was an animated gif with flying airplanes on it?

-SR-
    Last edited by WarER4X; 11-16-08 at 03:26 PM.
    11-16-08 03:23 PM
    alright thanks a lot
    11-16-08 03:23 PM
    It's an animated gif.

Yeah, if you wanna vomit each time you look at your phone.
    11-16-08 03:25 PM
    is it sad I would really want to get ahold of a friends phone, maybe someone i'm not particularly fond of, and put this as their background. given it wouldn't last for long, but even just the few seconds i watched it, it was torture.
    11-16-08 03:28 PM
    No Blackberry to date (even new ones in the pipe now) support animated gif background "natively". You'd need to port that into an animated wallpaper that's part of a theme, then it will be animated, similar to what you see now with animated backgrounds on some of the newer themes.
    11-16-08 03:42 PM
    It's a gif designed to look like this:

I'm a geek. Sue me.

How would I port it into a theme?
    11-16-08 04:38 PM
    There are plenty of regular jpeg pictures that use optical illusions to make it look like the picture is moving. Use one of those
    11-16-08 04:49 PM
    There are plenty of regular jpeg pictures that use optical illusions to make it look like the picture is moving. Use one of those
    where do you find those?
    11-16-08 04:59 PM
    I don't want something that looks like it's moving... I want one that is moving. I can have a friend make that into a flash file, but if it can be made into a theme and will work, does anyone know how?
    11-16-08 05:17 PM
    I don't want something that looks like it's moving... I want one that is moving. I can have a friend make that into a flash file, but if it can be made into a theme and will work, does anyone know how?
    Well first things first. I am shur that you will be able to create a animated backgroud. But, dont even think about making a flash file. Storm just flat out does not support flash. So forget that.

Moving forward checkout this link: How To Create Animated Themes - The Easy Way | BlackBerryNews.com

This however is not for the Storm but I am almost positive that plasmic would have added this feature into the full release of 4.7. If you can do it on a curve you should be able to on a storm.

Take care everyone, JoeBerry9530
    02-22-09 08:30 AM
    No Blackberry to date (even new ones in the pipe now) support animated gif background "natively". You'd need to port that into an animated wallpaper that's part of a theme, then it will be animated, similar to what you see now with animated backgrounds on some of the newer themes.
    JoeBerry9530
    CrackBerry User <---- I Feel like a drug user could you change that.

Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon

Even though, My BB is a drug to me. OMG I hope I don't lose my wife over this STORM

Thanks in advance. JoeBerry9530
    02-22-09 08:41 AM
    Damn that thing is hurting my eyes........ why?????
    02-22-09 08:58 AM
    It's a migraine maker, that's for sure.
    02-22-09 09:45 AM
    Even though, My BB is a drug to me. OMG I hope I don't lose my wife over this STORM
    Do what I did... my wife is now getting a STORM for free with the BOGO deal when I upgraded mine.
    02-22-09 10:40 AM
    where do you find those?
    Google images : optical illusions
    02-22-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD