lost my 2.0 usb cable. used it to charge my storm. I wonder if a wall charger for 8520 is ok to use as replacement for the 2.0 usb cable.

Thanks for your advise.

Really appreciate it.
    02-02-11 09:22 AM
    Yes, if it fits it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 10:21 AM
    Although I agree that it will probably work, I disagree with "if it fits it will work". My plantronics headset uses the same micro-usb charger as my StormII, however, I cannot charge my StormII from the plantronics charger. I don't know what the exact differences are, but the Storm complains when I plug the wrong cord into it. That being said, it is the ONLY charger that I have found that will NOT work with the Storm. All the others I have used work fine, including some motorola chargers.
    02-02-11 10:44 AM
    Although I agree that it will probably work, I disagree with "if it fits it will work". My plantronics headset uses the same micro-usb charger as my StormII, however, I cannot charge my StormII from the plantronics charger. I don't know what the exact differences are, but the Storm complains when I plug the wrong cord into it. That being said, it is the ONLY charger that I have found that will NOT work with the Storm. All the others I have used work fine, including some motorola chargers.
    Where is the OP does it mention a Plantronics headset, or any other device that's not a BlackBerry?

For BlackBerry chargers: If it fits, it will work.
    02-02-11 10:54 AM
    Thanks very much. Appreciate the help.

02-02-11 08:58 PM
    It's the current the charger puts out.

Many BT chargers put out low current, and therefore won't charge, or will charge very slowly, a phone battery.

If your doing USB you probably won't have those types of issues...some USB cables are acutually charge only, but they should all charge. Some USB ports may not be "powered", but most are if you hook straight to a PC or even a hub in most cases.

If your plugging in to a wall socket or car socket then it all depends on the transformer (the bulky part that plugs in to the wall) how much current it puts out (usually this is labeled somewhere on the transformer). Some charge faster than others, but most should charge unless it's a little tiny Bluetooth charger.
    02-03-11 04:58 PM
    thanks very much
    02-05-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD