So, I got my Storm in November when they first released the phone. I had returned it for another one because of the screen click problem. The second one I received has been perfect...up until now. So, it's been 6+ months later and now I'm having the same problems with the click. Will Verizon replace this or will I have to send it to RIM?
    06-18-09 09:06 PM
    So, I got my Storm in November when they first released the phone. I had returned it for another one because of the screen click problem. The second one I received has been perfect...up until now. So, it's been 6+ months later and now I'm having the same problems with the click. Will Verizon replace this or will I have to send it to RIM?
    Long as you have insurance they should replace it.
    06-18-09 09:09 PM
    probably the best way to find out is to go talk to verizon.
    06-18-09 09:09 PM
    I had the exact same issue and I got a refurb free of charge. Your phone is still under warranty so call tech support and let them know what's going on. The new phone I received is better but its still not as clickable as other Storms I have played around with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:12 PM
    They will replace it. You have 1 year manufacturer warranty through Verizon
    06-18-09 09:14 PM
    probably the best way to find out is to go talk to verizon.
    Yeah, but it's much easier to find out if I should wait on the phone with them for 20 minutes.

Thanks for everyone elses' input!
    06-18-09 09:15 PM
    they will replace as many as you want under 1 year if the phones are defective again.... i'm now on my 11th storm since the phone came out...
    06-18-09 09:16 PM
    Long as you have insurance they should replace it.
    But why pay the deductible when Verizon will waranty it?
    06-19-09 04:35 PM
    Personally I would keep it, you said the phone has been perfect so why take the gamble of getting one that is not. Fixing the click issue is easy, adjusting the backplate screws took me about 2 minutes months ago and mine has clicked perfect since then.
    06-19-09 05:08 PM
    Personally I would keep it, you said the phone has been perfect so why take the gamble of getting one that is not. Fixing the click issue is easy, adjusting the backplate screws took me about 2 minutes months ago and mine has clicked perfect since then.

you should of posted the thread for him. Ill take care of that for ya.

here ya go

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/sc...rx-fix-109036/
    06-19-09 05:29 PM
    Well, they don't require you to send in the original until you receive the replacement. So you can get the replacement first, see how it is, then decide whether you want to return the replacement you received, or return the one you're having click-issues with.
    06-20-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD