My husband has been due for NE2 for almost a year and is finally ready to switch phones. He had been holding out for the Pre on VZW and it now looks like it won't happen. He loves his phone, but I think he is finally sick of texting me with multitap. We each carry our own plan and he has offered to take my Storm so that I can take the S2 when it launches. So basically, he would buy the S2, and then give it to me and I'll give him my S1. I'm still not convinced we will be doing this because I also want him to look at a Tour. He is coming from a much smaller clamshell LG and may not take to screen typing. Or, I may not like the S2.

I want to get my ducks in a row on VZW's policies before I make any calls on switching phones. I'm also concerned that if we do this it will mess up my NE2 for next year (Storm 1 last Nov was my NE2).

TIA
    10-06-09 02:52 PM
    So wait a little then have him upgrade to the Tour. He will have 30 days to check it out, and if he doesn't like it, it can be returned for (hopefully) the S2. You should'nt have a problem switching around phones between you and your husband. Ever consider a family share plan instead? I have 4 people on my share and we use each others NE2 all the time
    10-06-09 02:58 PM
    Sure you can swap them out. It should not affect your NE2 at all. All you're doing is an ESN change.
    10-06-09 02:58 PM
    My husband has been due for NE2 for almost a year and is finally ready to switch phones. He had been holding out for the Pre on VZW and it now looks like it won't happen. He loves his phone, but I think he is finally sick of texting me with multitap. We each carry our own plan and he has offered to take my Storm so that I can take the S2 when it launches. So basically, he would buy the S2, and then give it to me and I'll give him my S1. I'm still not convinced we will be doing this because I also want him to look at a Tour. He is coming from a much smaller clamshell LG and may not take to screen typing. Or, I may not like the S2.

I want to get my ducks in a row on VZW's policies before I make any calls on switching phones. I'm also concerned that if we do this it will mess up my NE2 for next year (Storm 1 last Nov was my NE2).

TIA
    I have already been talking to the VZW reps. Me and my fiancee are doing the same thing. She is going to upgrade then they said they can switch our phone numbers and such.
    10-06-09 03:00 PM
    The reason we are on different plans is because I carry a family plan for myself and my 2 older kids. He carries one for himself and his retired parents to cut them a break. Between all of us we exceed the number of phones on the family plan which is fine with me anyway.

Thanks for the advice on swapping. Just wanted to be sure there are no gotchas.
    10-06-09 03:03 PM
    the only "gotcha" is that the warranty is only valid on the original purchaser's account... so if there's a problem, you'll have to swap the phones back before you submit a warranty claim.
    10-06-09 03:39 PM
    "This is a *forum*, not a blog. Post questions and answers, not what you're doing right now... that's what Twitter is for."

I like that!

I see this in many 3rd party app threads. Posts like...
    "I'm waiting."
    "now upgrading."
    "I'll report back later."
    "I'll let you know."
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    10-06-09 04:01 PM
    "This is a *forum*, not a blog. Post questions and answers, not what you're doing right now... that's what Twitter is for."

I like that!

Etc.
    Do you see the irony in your post?
    10-06-09 04:29 PM
    Hahaha. Wasn't intended but I see it...
    10-06-09 05:58 PM
    I tried that about a year ago when the atirm came out and they told me that the phone had to stay on the original line for thirty days befor you could switch it to another line that wasn't on the same family plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 06:03 PM
    I tried that about a year ago when the storm came out and they told me that the phone had to stay on the original line for thirty days befor you could switch it to another line that wasn't on the same family plan.

10-06-09 06:04 PM

TIA
    I dont know their policy one getting a phone and then trading it in and then trade to another line on the plan. But I do know for a fact that you can give him your storm take his NE2 upgrade and then get another phone. My mom has done that twice with my dad cause he is so behind on technology that when her phone gets out dated it is the right time for him to use it since she is already familar with it and can walk him through it. In addition to that we have been swapping each others NE2 for some time now, recently she used mine to get the storm and then I got the B1G1 free deal so I got the storm at the same time, while my dad took her LG.
    10-06-09 06:13 PM
    I tried that about a year ago when the storm came out and they told me that the phone had to stay on the original line for thirty days befor you could switch it to another line that wasn't on the same family plan.

30 days, huh? That's long enough for him to fall in love with the S2 and then I'll never get it back.
    10-06-09 08:27 PM
    Your best bet is go down and talk to customer service i say this because im not saying ael2314 is wrong but i have never heard them do this. I asked my friend that works at VZW this question and he said it shouldnt be a problem just go to the customer service desk for them to help you.
    10-06-09 09:16 PM
    When his NE2 is up why don't you just add his line to your account. Then you can switch whenever and however.
    10-06-09 09:44 PM
    When his NE2 is up why don't you just add his line to your account. Then you can switch whenever and however.
    Bro she talked about that earlier in the thread.
    10-07-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD