Latest info on the tracking page says:

12/30/2008 9:00am OUT FOR DELIVERY

It's already 7:05pm!

I'm in Clear Lake (outer Houston.) Any chance they will still deliver?

Besides that. I broke dropped my storm and cracked it yesterday morning. I called Asurion at 12pm yesterday. Gave the rep my info and she asked me to print out a form from the web and fax it in with a copy of my driver's license. Faxed it in at 12:15pm. At 1pm I received a confirmation email telling my my claim was going to be processed and to follow a link to the website. I hit the link, enter my info, drop $50 on my cc for the deductible and done. Yesterday evening at 7pm I received an email me telling me UPS has received my information. Tracking number showed my order was processed by UPS at 3am today. It got to Houston at 5am. Then Clear Lake by 8am. Out on the truck by 9am.

At this point, what a breeze with the insurance claim! Hopefully UPS still comes by and the phone is a new and functional storm!
    12-30-08 07:12 PM
    it'll be there. be patient
    12-30-08 07:14 PM
    1-800-pick-ups
    12-30-08 07:18 PM
    they'll probably deliver until 8 or 9
    12-30-08 07:19 PM
    UPS delivers until 7PM in my area. With the understanding that residential deliveries might even occur later because of the holiday rush.

I've found FedEx to be much faster though.
    12-30-08 07:26 PM
    All I use is Fed Ex at work and they have always been consistent and reliable. I'm just not sure how well UPS runs. Obviously good enough but you know...
    12-30-08 07:27 PM
    I am saying no. However, hope springs eternal I hear, so you never know.
    12-30-08 07:27 PM
    So, its 8:30 NJ time. Storm come yet?
    12-30-08 07:28 PM
    Yes! It showed up a few minutes ago. I ended up knowing the delivery guy. He was beat so I gave him a Coke.

It's a brand new Storm (Asurion Insurance Replacement.)

Build Date 12/23/08 in Mexico.

Very nice.
    12-30-08 07:48 PM
    No. It won't. I jacked the truck and took it. mwahahahaha!

I really shouldn't make that sort of joke...my replacement is supposed to be here friday.
    12-30-08 07:49 PM
    I have a question. My current Storm is having some serious problems with the clicking and I'm going to have to get a new one. Will I be able to keep my current phone while the other is shipped or does Verizon require us to send them our current phone before they ship the new one?
    12-30-08 08:50 PM
    I have a question. My current Storm is having some serious problems with the clicking and I'm going to have to get a new one. Will I be able to keep my current phone while the other is shipped or does Verizon require us to send them our current phone before they ship the new one?
    Can you go to a vzw corp store for a replacement?
    12-30-08 08:52 PM
    you keep the original and send it back in the box the new one comes in - or corp store like he said ^^^
    12-30-08 08:53 PM
    Can you go to a vzw corp store for a replacement?
    I can but everytime Im there they want to run a test on it which takes like 45mins. I wont have anytime until Next week and I'm really just trying to get this done a.s.a.p. I guess I'm just trying to avoid going in the store just to have them tell me what I knew already.
    12-30-08 09:02 PM
    I can say without a doubt it will show up today. And when it arrives, give the driver a coke too...
    12-30-08 09:11 PM
    If verizon processes an order for you over the phone...

You have 10 days from the date of receipt of new phone to send back your old phone. Plenty of time to activate your new one etc.

After 10 days verizon will charge your account $250 for not returning the phone in time. Once the phone is returned, the $250 fee will be removed.
    12-30-08 09:52 PM
    how do i get a tracking number? im suppose to get a replacement but i ordered it like a week and a half ago i thought it was going to be here by now (even with christmas and all)
    12-30-08 09:58 PM
    If verizon processes an order for you over the phone...

You have 10 days from the date of receipt of new phone to send back your old phone. Plenty of time to activate your new one etc.

After 10 days verizon will charge your account $250 for not returning the phone in time. Once the phone is returned, the $250 fee will be removed.
    ok, thanks for the info everyone..

also, I looked at my box tonight, the date it has on there that my phone was made is 09-12-08..keep in mind I bought my phone maybe 2 1/2 weeks ago. How did I manage to get a phone that was made in Spetember? lol
    12-30-08 10:00 PM
    I use to work for UPS with the union and part of the union agreement was a driver can't work more than 12 hours in shift. Or there would be huge fines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 10:03 PM
    ok, thanks for the info everyone..

also, I looked at my box tonight, the date it has on there that my phone was made is 09-12-08..keep in mind I bought my phone maybe 2 1/2 weeks ago. How did I manage to get a phone that was made in Spetember? lol
    It was probably made December 9, 2008!
    12-30-08 10:04 PM
    It was probably made December 9, 2008!

I thought that too but someone posted that the number on the box is in mm/dd/yyyy format excluding the 1st number and my number is 1091208. Either way the screen is way messed up so I'm calling CS today to have them ship me a new one. It's a shame to because this phone is nice with none of the problems that everyone is posting, just the clicking is messed up.
    12-31-08 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD