I going to be honest with this one NO THERE WILL BE NO LONG LINES OR OVER NIGHT CAMPING OUTSIDE THE STORE FOR THE BOLD.
    08-05-08 08:18 AM
    Bump

Okay I know this is a very old topic but do you guys think the lines on launch day were on par with the iphone lines?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 12:50 PM
    .........................no
    12-23-08 12:53 PM
    lol heck no.

There were crazy lines for sure but the ones for the iPhone were worse.

The iPhone also had the convinience of being the FIRST completely touchscreen phone. It was a revolutionary phone.

Either way, the Storm is selling very well. Good luck finding one if you're last minute x-mas shopping.
    12-23-08 12:54 PM
    umm i would have to disagree IMO where i live , the lines were crazy , i was camped out from 11 pm tell 7 am and there was 30 at the store i was at , which only had 8 , and it was a small hole in the wall store , the other store ( corperate store) had 18 storms and a line of 50 or so , so i would say for me yes , it was as bad as the iphone , and in regards to fecurtis post, keep in mind this is the first all touch clickable screen
    12-23-08 12:57 PM
    Easy answer, no. There will be no phone in the near future that will or has affected the culture like the Iphone. Not saying that it's better or worse than the Storm, but the Iphone is now the touchscreen device that all others are compared to because it was revolutionary, not evolutionary like the Storm.
    12-23-08 01:49 PM
    Mr. Durangojim, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    12-23-08 01:51 PM
    umm i would have to disagree IMO where i live , the lines were crazy , i was camped out from 11 pm tell 7 am and there was 30 at the store i was at , which only had 8 , and it was a small hole in the wall store , the other store ( corperate store) had 18 storms and a line of 50 or so , so i would say for me yes , it was as bad as the iphone , and in regards to fecurtis post, keep in mind this is the first all touch clickable screen
    lol good point. The clickable screen is more evolutionary than revolutionary though.

EDIT...I should read all responses prior to posting my own.
    12-23-08 01:52 PM
    Holy old-a$$ thread Batman!
    12-23-08 02:49 PM
    Mr. Durangojim, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    a simple wrong would have sufficed
    12-23-08 03:04 PM
    Wow this thread is older then my Crackberry membership
    12-23-08 03:08 PM
    Easy answer, no. There will be no phone in the near future that will or has affected the culture like the Iphone. Not saying that it's better or worse than the Storm, but the Iphone is now the touchscreen device that all others are compared to because it was revolutionary, not evolutionary like the Storm.

I must be insanely idiotic too, cos I agree.
    12-23-08 03:08 PM
    No offense sooks, becuase I've seen a lot of good posts by you, but i have to agree with DJ. I think it was very well put. That is why there was no way that the Storm was going to be an Iphone Killer. Don't get me wrong I like my Storm better than an iPhone. Anytime your first to market like the iPhone and iPod were it's going to be tough to dethrown them. Just ask Zune (and yes it's way better than the iPod) That being said, RIM still dominates the market over Apple.
    12-23-08 03:28 PM
    Sooks, quite a tired quote by now, don't you think? And by the way its Dr. Durangojim to you, not Mr.
    12-23-08 03:28 PM
    somebody dug up an old one. Lines, what lines, none recently, cuz everybody is waiting on there updates.
    12-23-08 03:38 PM
    Sooks, quite a tired quote by now, don't you think? And by the way its Dr. Durangojim to you, not Mr.
    I guess I WASN'T the only one to catch that Billy Madison line. I quite certain that sook's was joking.

I too prefer the Storm, BUT there is NO denying the influence the iphone has had on the culture. All the 20 somethings have one, and it is almost certainly ATT's best selling phone (to date). However I have heard that the Storm is VZW's best selling phone. Both are excellent phones, but I am a Storm person.

EDIT: There were lines (I was number 6 in a line of about 40 here in Philly), but no where NEAR as bad as the iphone lines. The F*&^ed up part was VZW had such little stock. I got super lucky, the store where I was waiting had 5 Storms (yes I was 6th in line), and I was gonna settle for the 2 day drop shipping. As we were entering they said they had 4 Storms BUT were getting more MAYBE at 10am, so guy number 5 left (to come back at 10) and guess who got the 5th Storm they "found" after he left???? The clerk said to me "ding ding ding...you're getting a Storm!"
    Last edited by pkcable; 12-23-08 at 03:44 PM.
    12-23-08 03:40 PM
    Just got it

Sooks was playing (as DurangoJim clearly knows). I thought I had read that quote before, but I couldn't place it. Thank you for Google.

Hilarious!
    12-23-08 03:42 PM
    I guess I WASN'T the only one to catch that Billy Madison line. I quite certain that sook's was joking.

I too prefer the Storm, BUT there is NO denying the influence the iphone has had on the culture. All the 20 somethings have one, and it is almost certainly ATT's best selling phone (to date). However I have heard that the Storm is VZW's best selling phone. Both are excellent phones, but I am a Storm person.
    Beat me to it!!!
    12-23-08 03:42 PM
    I went to the store at 10:00, two days ago to buy my new 8900. There was a girl in the store who had already gone through 2 iPhoneys that DAY and a further two the day before.

Now if the JesusPhone is really that unreliable (1 in 4 actually works), then maybe the numbers they are quoting are units shipped to stores and not actually working units in peoples hands.
    12-23-08 03:55 PM
    I went to the store at 10:00, two days ago to buy my new 8900. There was a girl in the store who had already gone through 2 iPhoneys that DAY and a further two the day before.

Now if the JesusPhone is really that unreliable (1 in 4 actually works), then maybe the numbers they are quoting are units shipped to stores and not actually working units in peoples hands.
    My Step father a huge Apple fan is on his 5th replacement iphone in 3 months, but still thinks the device is perfect........
    12-23-08 04:08 PM
    It is the true definition of a cult phone

Completely agree with pete.
    12-23-08 04:24 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD