After you have connected to the car, under the Paired Devices screen click on the specific car connection and you will be met with a screen that gives you the option to 'Transfer Contacts'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've tried this. Didn't work.
    05-17-09 08:03 PM
    Works well in my Daewoo..

05-17-09 08:14 PM
    I've tried this. Didn't work.
    Be more specific. When you click to transfer, does your COMAND prompt you to tell you it is ready to receive contacts?

05-17-09 10:54 PM
    Be more specific. When you click to transfer, does your COMAND prompt you to tell you it is ready to receive contacts?

I don't get any messages on COMAND. Just an error message on my Storm. I've never been able to sync any BB with any of my MB's...
    05-17-09 10:56 PM
    If you're connected to the car at the time you click ' Transfer Contacts ' and don't see the ready to receive contacts, it's a phone issue, not the MHI Interface.

05-17-09 11:01 PM
    If you're connected to the car at the time you click ' Transfer Contacts ' and don't see the ready to receive contacts, it's a phone issue, not the MHI Interface.

Hmm.. Okay. Thanks. I have a new Storm that should be arriving on Tuesday so I guess we'll see how it goes...
    05-17-09 11:02 PM
    Yes. It works perfectly with both the MHI Interface (Bluetooth Puck) and the 2.5 COMAND System (most 2009's). Address Book download, etc...

I sell MB's.
    I saw your earlier note about the Storm working with the MHI Interface in 2009 MB's. Have you tried the Storm II with the 2010 MHI?
    11-19-09 09:10 AM
    I saw your earlier note about the Storm working with the MHI Interface in 2009 MB's. Have you tried the Storm II with the 2010 MHI?
    Haven't personally gotten my hands on a Storm 2 yet, but I did upgrade my OS to 5.0 with no issues with any of the cars or other Bluetooth devices I was previously synched to or have synched to after the fact. My understanding of the differences between 1 & 2 seem limited to the touch screen, memory, and wi-fi but again I haven't seen one yet. RIM in general has always worked fantastically with MB's. Some Sprint models weren't as seamless as all the other BB's, but I couldn't imagine any issues with the Storm 2.

11-19-09 11:44 AM
    Bluetooth stacks in different manufacturers are different. It should work, if you want to know exact specifics (transferring whole phonebooks, individual contacts, will caller ID show up on the LCD screen, etc) go to a MB forum or go to the owners section of mbusa.com.

Granted you stated that the Storm isn't listed on their webpage, look up something similar, like a Tour, its capabilities listed there should be identical to the Storm.
    11-19-09 12:36 PM
    I found a document from Mercedes dated 7/2009 -

http://www.wireless4mb.com/page18/as...ones7-2009.pdf

which explicitly lists the Blackberry 9530 (Verizon Storm) as an approved phone.

I found out the hard way that my Verizon Tour (9630) does not work with the MB 2010 MHI.

The previous comments are very helpful however - I'm just trying to reduce the risk if I go out and buy a Verizon Storm II (Blackberry 9550) in terms of it working with MHI as it isn't on the list yet - but it has only been released for a a few weeks now.
    Last edited by tbream; 11-19-09 at 03:36 PM.
    11-19-09 03:34 PM
    I need the AT&T service books if anyone has them, posting to all these forums to hope that someone sees it and can help. Please meail me them or PM them to me.

Thanks,
    John
    11-19-09 04:43 PM
    yeaa,,it should work..it work on ma mercedes - -*
    11-19-09 04:56 PM
    I can now confirm that the Blackberry Storm 2 (Verizon 9550) does work without any apparent issues with the Mercedes Benz 2010 MHI. Thanks for the feedback.

Haven't personally gotten my hands on a Storm 2 yet, but I did upgrade my OS to 5.0 with no issues with any of the cars or other Bluetooth devices I was previously synched to or have synched to after the fact. My understanding of the differences between 1 & 2 seem limited to the touch screen, memory, and wi-fi but again I haven't seen one yet. RIM in general has always worked fantastically with MB's. Some Sprint models weren't as seamless as all the other BB's, but I couldn't imagine any issues with the Storm 2.

11-23-09 09:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD