Will these work on a phone like the Thunder, or does that interfere with the touch ability of the phone?

I am assuming that when I hear the term screen protector people are referring to those plastic sheets on their pda screens, right?
    Last edited by hal1; 08-24-08 at 02:01 PM.
    08-24-08 01:37 PM
    I am assuming that when I hear the term screen protector people are referring to those plastic sheets on their pda screens.

Will these work on a phone like the Thunder, or does that interfere with the touch ability of the phone?
    Depending on the material the protector is made out of, it can hinder touchscreen performance more or less. A well made protector may have little or no interference with touchscreen operation.
    08-24-08 01:38 PM
    Yes, you can. I have one on my Voyager and Dare and they work fine.
    08-24-08 01:39 PM
    I have one on my hp ipaq and it works fine.
    08-24-08 03:42 PM
    it highly depends on the screen type.

if it's a resistive touchscreen, which is the majority of screens out there, then any screen protector will do.

if it's capacitive touchscreen, like the apple iPhone and very high-end laptops, then the screen protector material type is very important as capacitive touchscreens depend on the small electric charge our bodies have within them to detect touch... basically, it has to be of a non-insulating material.

but manufacturers have now had over a year to perfect their materials for capacitive touch devices like the mass-market iphone, so what does come out will generally be of high quality if you stick to the manufacturers that currently provide for the iphone.
    08-27-08 09:43 PM
    yeah i have one on my ipod touch i know its not the same thing but it works just as smooth as when i first layed hands on it
    08-29-08 01:19 PM
    Exactly as the post a few up said, a screen protector that works on your voyager/dare won't work on your BB/Iphone. Thats why you can use a normal run of the mill stylus with those 2 phones but you need a specially designed one for the I-phone as I understand, it responds differently. I think that should put ya in the right direction, if i'm completely wrong someone lemme know so I don't look like a fool
    09-04-08 04:30 PM
    Ea screen protector that works on your voyager/dare won't work on your BB/Iphone
    I don't know the it has been confirmed that the BB will have a capacitive touch screen like the iPhone does. I saw reports of a capacitive touch screen early on but the RIM touch screen patent that everyone keeps referring to is more similar to a resistive touch screen (dare/voyager) than a capacity one (iPhone/glyde). That doesn't mean it won't be responsive as either technology can work good or bad (see Dare/iPhone versus Voyager/Glyde) but the screen protector material will be different. I have no inside info and am just recounting what I remember reading, which could very well be wrong (nice caveat huh).
    Last edited by ScootD; 09-04-08 at 09:28 PM.
    09-04-08 09:26 PM
    Hah in the same boat as most of us. I am just assuming similar to the iphone, since it will have multi touch and all those features, and I couldnt really see pulling off a good multi touch system with the dare like touch system, though I don't try to say I'm an expert in the world of touch screens anyways.
    09-05-08 08:07 AM
    I had a Treo before and that used the stylus or your finger which ever. I had a protector that I bought that was for that phone so I was think that you could have one for the touch screen. geez, i hope so.
    09-09-08 04:27 PM
    Yep it can. My gf has iphone it works fine !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD