I'm really losing faith in this phone. I've had it for about 2 months now, thinking it was only a matter of time before this phone finally got the polish it needs. It's still jerky when transitioning from one thing to another, awkward in is scrolling, etc. I went and played with a Pre today.. DAY OF LAUNCH and the OS runs 100x smoother than the Storm. Wth? Get it together RIM..

/rant
    06-06-09 08:58 PM
    *sigh* considering ur post count, i would assume u would kno bout now that this kind of post should be in the rant and raves forum

neways, r u using.148? that's more stable than .75
    06-06-09 09:02 PM
    Well, it is a rant, but I don't want to just rant and rave, I want to know if anyone has any insight on this. Is the processor in this phone just a dog or something?

And yeah, I believe I have .148 (I have the latest verizon update).
    06-06-09 09:06 PM
    must be just ur phone, my phone's just peachy
    06-06-09 09:08 PM
    Yeah mine is quite fluid. (Knocking on wood) I'm extremely satisfied.

I'm in awe by the number of "I HATE THIS #!?$*^ PHONE!!" threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 09:11 PM
    OMG mine just barked!! BTW:

Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js.

General properties > set image quality 2 low & check enable js location support.

Cache operations > clear all regularly.

Official HOW2: browser speed
    06-06-09 09:11 PM
    I'm really losing faith in this phone. I've had it for about 2 months now, thinking it was only a matter of time before this phone finally got the polish it needs. It's still jerky when transitioning from one thing to another, awkward in is scrolling, etc. I went and played with a Pre today.. DAY OF LAUNCH and the OS runs 100x smoother than the Storm. Wth? Get it together RIM..

/rant
    Good question. I guess not until RIM diverts resources (or get more fire under their arse) to write up a new OS.
    06-06-09 09:12 PM
    OMG mine just barked!! BTW:

Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js.

General properties > set image quality 2 low & check enable js location support.

Cache operations > clear all regularly.

Official HOW2: browser speed
    ...awesome...so i have to disable good features in order to get the phone to work quickly?
    06-06-09 09:14 PM
    .148 is like .65 compared to the upcoming .22x from what I have heard Give it time
    06-06-09 09:14 PM

/rant
    I completely agree. Maybe it's unfair to compare the storm to other phones like the Pre or the iPhone, but let's face it, the storm is meant to compete with those phones. When I use the iPhone, the OS is polished and smooth, even it's earliest version worked better than the storm does now. I had also thought the storm would get better, and it has, but it's still way behind the competition. Even some of the graphics look like they were made back in 2000!! it's unacceptable that the web browser in 2009 still chokes on javascript! RIM better get it together soon or they may be in Palms position a few years down the road...

06-06-09 09:15 PM
    must be just ur phone, my phone's just peachy
    Compared to an iPhone, the Storm is very slow. There's no getting around that fact.
    06-06-09 09:15 PM
    ...awesome...so i have to disable good features in order to get the phone to work quickly?
    Exactly. We shouldn't have to do these kinds of things to get a decently working phone.

06-06-09 09:16 PM
    I don't believe it has the ability to perform how we wish it could. Seems stupid to me that RIM would not supply this thing with more app memory than it has. Even Windows, at one point, was a smaller operating system.
    06-06-09 09:17 PM
    Nice to see some people agree. I don't "#$#@)@*#)$ OMFG HATE MY PHONE", I really love the storm's concept. Its execution was quite poor, though. Honestly, I don't think it's "release-ready" with the condition it's in even now. I can't imagine what it was like at release!

Maybe I'm just a little upset that I pushed myself into a Storm for two years after seeing the Pre.. my god that thing runs beautifully. I can't imagine it in a month or two of optimizations..
    06-06-09 09:22 PM
    Compared to an iPhone, the Storm is very slow. There's no getting around that fact.
    *sigh* i dont think neone will learn the fact that THIS IS THE FREAKING STORM FORUMS NOT THE F****** IPHONE FORUMS...
    06-06-09 09:24 PM
    Nice to see some people agree. I don't "#$#@)@*#)$ OMFG HATE MY PHONE", I really love the storm's concept. Its execution was quite poor, though. Honestly, I don't think it's "release-ready" with the condition it's in even now. I can't imagine what it was like at release!

Maybe I'm just a little upset that I pushed myself into a Storm for two years after seeing the Pre.. my god that thing runs beautifully. I can't imagine it in a month or two of optimizations..
    You would of thrown it at a brick wall if you used it at release. After the aura of having a hot phone wore off, I almost did so. But then .75 came out and I had hope

06-06-09 09:26 PM
    Use js when prompted. Image quality>low unnecessary.
    06-06-09 09:33 PM
    Basically RIM's programmers suck. They can't even enable driver support for the graphics card on their own phone. Our graphics chip is currently worthless...

It's like running windows on a pc without any graphics drivers. The CPU has to do all the work, yeah it sucks.
    06-06-09 09:33 PM
    I've had my storm about a month and a half.

On one hand, it is a fine phone. It works most of the time. It was my first blackberry and I'm sold on the whole concept.

It just doesn't feel like it's a finished product. I'm happy some people claim everything runs fine, but I would suspect that it's more of you don't care if an app loads slow, or if there's lag or glitching. Or if your media player loses your spot in a podcast depending on how you load the file or if you plug into usb. Or the camera that sometimes doesn't load, or loads with missing on screen controls.

Then there's the hardware itself. Maybe I have a bad storm but one corner doesn't click as well as the others. I realized the other day that if I turn my storm around and type qwerty on the other side I had a ton of typos - shouldn't it be the same no matter which side I flip the phone to?

Anyhow. I'm not at the point of regret for buying, but I'm disappointed by believing this was a very solid phone. As a friend put it, there's no one massive thing wrong with the Storm - there's just a ton of little things which add up to a less than great user experience.

Sorting out the OS would be step one. I imagine Storm 2 will sort out the hardware issues.
    06-06-09 10:54 PM
    I'm really losing faith in this phone. ... DAY OF LAUNCH and the OS runs 100x smoother than the Storm. Wth? Get it together RIM.. /rant
    Agreed. Both guys at work who got this Verizon/Storm phone hate it. Lots of bugs, lots of videos and pictures corrupted, terrible user interface bugs.

I have the 8800 and have had many BBs before the 8800, its rather strange that BB cant sit down and fix this stuff to bring the browsing on par with Safari on the iphone.
    06-06-09 11:09 PM
    I've had my storm about a month and a half.

On one hand, it is a fine phone. It works most of the time. It was my first blackberry and I'm sold on the whole concept.

It just doesn't feel like it's a finished product. I'm happy some people claim everything runs fine, but I would suspect that it's more of you don't care if an app loads slow, or if there's lag or glitching. Or if your media player loses your spot in a podcast depending on how you load the file or if you plug into usb. Or the camera that sometimes doesn't load, or loads with missing on screen controls.

Then there's the hardware itself. Maybe I have a bad storm but one corner doesn't click as well as the others. I realized the other day that if I turn my storm around and type qwerty on the other side I had a ton of typos - shouldn't it be the same no matter which side I flip the phone to?

Anyhow. I'm not at the point of regret for buying, but I'm disappointed by believing this was a very solid phone. As a friend put it, there's no one massive thing wrong with the Storm - there's just a ton of little things which add up to a less than great user experience.

Sorting out the OS would be step one. I imagine Storm 2 will sort out the hardware issues.

Very well put. As a Storm owner I concur completely.
    06-06-09 11:14 PM
    My phone runs great. I liked it 6 months ago on .75 and like it even more on all the new OS's. Get something else if your not happy. Life's too short and ther's too much to enjoy to get uptight about your phone.

Grey
    06-06-09 11:17 PM
    My phone runs great. I liked it 6 months ago on .75 and like it even more on all the new OS's. Get something else if your not happy. Life's too short and ther's too much to enjoy to get uptight about your phone.

Grey
    +1...
    10char
    06-06-09 11:30 PM

I agree. I've been extremely happy since I got it in December.

06-07-09 01:48 AM

I agree. I've been extremely happy since I got it in December. Movies, mp3's, email, lightning fast internet (using opera), excel with editing, etc. This phone is great.

06-07-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD