That happened after it fell maybe a foot from my couch onto a plate... I shoudl be fine with my insurance right?
    04-27-09 02:09 AM
    Yeah as long as you have insurance you will be fine. $50 deductable of coarse though. Be sure to do a back up of all your data and apps before you get a new one though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 02:17 AM
    If you have insurance they will not question you.
    04-27-09 02:17 AM
    Yes, you should be fine with the claim. You can even file the claim straight from your computer.

Mobile Insurance: Insure your phone with Vodafone Australia

Last edited by ArmaK; 04-27-09 at 02:28 AM.
    04-27-09 02:25 AM
    Yes, you should be fine with the claim. You can even file the claim straight from your computer.

Mobile Insurance: Insure your phone with Vodafone Australia

yeah man i filed the claim via the voda phone website now do i jiust go into a vodafone shop and get it assessed or what?
    04-27-09 02:36 AM
    yeah man i filed the claim via the voda phone website now do i jiust go into a vodafone shop and get it assessed or what?
    No, you don't have to go to the store. I've never dealt with vodafone insurance personally but if they are like verizon, they will send you a phone next day and then tell you to send the broken one back in the included box. They will then assess your phone and within 5 days notify you of the outcome.

04-27-09 02:52 AM
    my storm got stolen.. when i was @ the gym.. reported it was stolen.. what would happen if someone found it? would they be able to use it if they unlocked it somehow?
    04-27-09 03:04 AM
    Do you get refurbished phones when you utilize your insurance or do they send you a new one? Just curious. My Storm is the 3rd phone I've had insurance on through Verizon but haven't had to use it.
    04-27-09 03:10 AM
    my storm got stolen.. when i was @ the gym.. reported it was stolen.. what would happen if someone found it? would they be able to use it if they unlocked it somehow?
    From what I understand, the ESN will be locked. Meaning, the phone's ESN is reported stolen and cannot be used again. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    04-27-09 04:30 AM
    Do you get refurbished phones when you utilize your insurance or do they send you a new one? Just curious. My Storm is the 3rd phone I've had insurance on through Verizon but haven't had to use it.
    It will either be refurbished or new, depending on what is available in inventory. They tend to have more new storms in stock than refurbs. You won't know until it is actually sent because the asurion rep doesn't have that info.

04-27-09 05:42 AM
    If I were you I would reload .78 before i took my phone in. It may not make a difference but I would rather be safe than sorry.
    04-27-09 05:48 AM
    I dont actually think it would really bother me if i got a refurb. 99% of Storms get returned within the first 2 weeks due to crap click screens. As long as the click gets fixed then the phone would most probably be perfect. And i Agree, u shud downgrade back to .78 beforehand, u know what insurance are like... any loophole (i work in insurance btw) lol.
    04-27-09 07:39 AM
    I had to replace my origional Storm due to a broken screen, and they replaced it with a refurb that is just as good if not better than the first one. If its a refurb your worried about, I wouldnt be. They really are nice...just from experience....
    04-27-09 09:56 AM
    What if you tell them you lost it and they send you another one would you still be able to use the one you said was lost?

04-27-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD