I think I am gonna take the plunge and install .122. before I start I have a quick question. I get my email through outlook web access. My company does not support blackberry and seem annoyed that I have one. The IT guy that set up my email for me has since left and I am not chummy with the new IT person. If I upgrade will I lose the info that he entered that allows me to get my email or will it stay. Honestly this is the only thing holding me back from upgrading. thanks for any help or suggestions.
    04-09-09 09:23 AM
    You will lose that. Backing up will not save the settings for BES server. You will have to reactivate it.
    04-09-09 09:33 AM
    we dont use a BES server, office doesnt support it. Thats why I have to get my emails from outlook web access. not sure if its called POP3 or what. when I sync I have to do it via bluetooth, but I am really just concerned with getting my emails. will I lose my info if I am not on a BES server
    04-09-09 09:40 AM
    anyone have an idea
    04-09-09 10:51 AM
    If it is a personal setup, it should stay. as long as you back up. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Dont quote me on this. until we get further confirmation
    04-09-09 11:12 AM
    If it is a personal setup, it should stay. as long as you back up. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Dont quote me on this. until we get further confirmation
    When I upgraded to .75 it didn't delete my GMail stuff. But I don't know the steps I took.
    04-09-09 11:23 AM
    If you're using pop3 the worst that could happen is for you to go to the set up folder and run thhemail setup

Chum up with the new IT guy lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 11:43 AM
    you're not using a BIS? You're bluetoothing to your computer to get email, not having it come directly to your blackberry?

Sounds like you need to set up your BIS. Verizon might be able to help you with that initially.

Once that is set up, worst case is you have to re send service books from a website.

check out blackberry help and blackberry 101 for more information. Blackberry help is at the top of this page to the right side.
    04-09-09 12:00 PM
    you're not using a BIS? You're bluetoothing to your computer to get email, not having it come directly to your blackberry?

Sounds like you need to set up your BIS. Verizon might be able to help you with that initially.

Once that is set up, worst case is you have to re send service books from a website.

check out blackberry help and blackberry 101 for more information. Blackberry help is at the top of this page to the right side.
    No, I am bluetoothing to sync calendar and contacts. My email does come via BIS. I jsut didnt set it up and want to make sure I can before I try the OS upgrade.
    04-09-09 12:16 PM
    You are using BIS and POP 3 access. This info is stored on the BIS server not the devise. So the worst that should happen is that you will have re-send the service books to your phone. I have three POP 3 accounts set-up on my phone and with upgrades from .75>.90>.109>hybrid>.114>.114v2>.113>.122 I have not had an issue with the pop3 account coming back fine. I think I did have to do a service book re-send once. If you need to do that you can do so from:

BlackBerry Internet Service

Hope this helps.
    04-09-09 12:37 PM
    thanks all, I will give the OS update a try. cant wait any longer for the official
    04-09-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD