Or does it need to be storm specific? Reason I ask is that I need to get a car charger and the shop I went to sold micro usb mobile chargers and it had a list of phones on the pack like Samsung and nokia but no BlackBerry.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 08:34 AM
    I know the car charger for my chocolate I think it was v2 or whatever, works with my storm
    05-02-09 08:38 AM
    I got two blue tooth caargers that came with the exact same model headet.

They are slightly different.

One works and the other doesn't.

05-02-09 08:39 AM
    Yes all micro usb chargers work. I have a motorola car charger and use my wifes env2 charger. Both work. I suggest ebay. Best prices by far.
    05-02-09 08:48 AM
    As long as it puts out enough amperage to charge the storm it will. I have a charger from a Bluetooth that when I first plug it in it starts charging the stops because it don't supply enough power. But since we are talking about car chargers if it will charge a Nokia it will charge a BB takes about the same amount of power to charge their batteries.

05-02-09 08:50 AM
    Thanks people. The one I saw us from tescos for like �2. Ill give it a go

05-02-09 09:19 AM
    I will tell you from personal experience that some generic ac wall chargers will cause issues such as screen unresponsiveness etc. I've seen this on at least 3-4 storms including one of my own.
    05-02-09 09:30 AM
    Got one from wal-mart for the car and it works fine...$12
    05-02-09 10:26 AM
    why did they stop min-usb?
    that was working so well with everyone!
    05-02-09 10:31 AM
    Whatever you do make SURE that what you buy is voltage regulated to 5volts. A car puts out 13.2 volts (or slightly more) and this WILL fry your phone. If the charger is a dedicated micro USB cgharger, then the chances are hight that the device is regulated but please do check.
    05-02-09 10:34 AM
    I will tell you from personal experience that some generic ac wall chargers will cause issues such as screen unresponsiveness etc. I've seen this on at least 3-4 storms including one of my own.
    Hi,
    this depends on the firmware version You use. With .78 for the European Vodafone Storm I had this issue when charging with an universal usb charger and the usb-to-mini-usb cable delivered with the storm. For a few moments the Storm got laggy.

But with .109 and up it vanished.

Generally, You can use ANY micro usb charger, provided it delivers 5V (standard) and more than 700 mA.
    05-02-09 10:50 AM
    I have a Plantronics micro charger and it will not charge my Storm.

05-02-09 12:33 PM
    Generally, You can use ANY micro usb charger, provided it delivers 5V (standard) and more than 700 mA.
    Should be >500mA, because that's the standard current for powered USB devices. I've used chargers up to 850mA, which work well with the Storm. I don't know what the max is, and I don't feel like going much higher than 850.
    05-02-09 12:39 PM
    I would not charge your storm with anything other than a blackberry charger unless you know what you are looking for like some of the guys posted in this thread. I learned the hard way with my old XV6800. The generic car charger from Wally Land screwed my phone up. You can easily fry your phone if your not looking out.
    05-02-09 01:18 PM
    I had major problems with a generic from radio shack. Go with verizon.

05-02-09 01:59 PM
    The current deliverd at 5Volts is a function of the phone drawing what is needs. This means tha you can use a charger that will deliver 1000mA (1Amp) and the phone will only draw (take) about 700mA.

If however you charger is limited to 500mA and the phone's resistance is demanding 700mA then the likelyhood is that the outpit voltage will drop to below what is useful to charge the phone.

Most chargers use an LM05 chip (or similar) and this has the above charateristics.
    05-02-09 02:59 PM
    Yes all micro usb chargers work. I have a motorola car charger and use my wifes env2 charger. Both work. I suggest ebay. Best prices by far.
    Come on ..... be careful what your advice is. Not all micro usb chargers will work. You need to know the charge rate. Yes, all micro usb chargers will fit, not necessarily work!
    05-02-09 05:33 PM
    I got a verizon branded one when I got my phone. Works fine.

05-02-09 07:18 PM
    Id say stick with the verizon ones simply because its safer. Try craigs list to find a cheap one if price is of concern.

Good Luck.
    05-02-09 07:32 PM
    I suggest buying a Verizon / Blackberry OEM charger. I purchased 2 sets of accessories off Ebay (car charger, home charger, case, screen protector) and both home chargers did not work. As soon as I plugged them in the charge indicator showed but the phone started to malfunction. I could not access any icons and the phone froze. I had to remove the hard case and remove the battery. I immediately threw them both away.
    The car chargers work but I only use them in case of emergency because I am worried it may damage my phone.
    05-02-09 07:58 PM
    same problem here

wall charger USB micro doesnt work

it hang up my storm !
    05-02-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD