I was reading information on the storm from CB post and online links. So the storm (Telus) will NOT have wifi is that correct? What will this mean for the phone? I mean does the no wifi mean it will not be as great on internet (fast) as the iphone? I am wanting this phone for sure and just want to make sure that I am getting the best out there at this time. If no wifi why?

thanks
    10-29-08 04:17 PM
    Just means you can't use it on your home wi-fi or hotspots. This was a heated debate a while back. You can read more here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/no-...0-wrong-66254/ By the way where you been?
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-29-08 at 05:02 PM.
    10-29-08 04:20 PM
    Thanks, I'm good how about you? excited about this storm. lol!! wanting to make sure it's worth the change is all.
    10-29-08 04:23 PM
    10-29-08 04:25 PM
    No wifi means exactly what pltaylor said. As far as fast internet that depends on your carrier and what network they have deployed.

For Example Verizon is pretty much full 3g, so as far as internet goes, it is going to be relatively quick, and pretty much that way everywhere.

Where you will notice degradation is where you don't have 3g coverage, that's where wifi is a +, because for example my grandparents do not have 3g in their area. So my blackberry will still work on the net, just not as quickly, more along the lines of old Dial Up Speeds. Now if I had wifi, the advantage would mean I could connect to that broadband connection and use it's speeds.

To some people that's a deal breaker, to some it's not, I could care less, but I can see the positives, it's all personal opinion and what works for you, if you are in 3g almost everywhere you go, most likely wifi isn't a huge deal for you. If you have no 3g or are travelling and getting data charges, then it's a plus.... decide for yourself with the information that's handy,

hope that helps!
    10-29-08 04:26 PM
    ok, thanks to you both for the great info. I understand better now. so really all i do is check out a few things on the web and facebook and email BBM so this phone is still great for me. I was just thinking with NO wifi I would be missing something but really only a little faster internet right? lol I do have net on my BB now and my home so things will basically stay the same. cool and thank you both!
    10-29-08 04:31 PM
    Thanks glad we could help!
    10-29-08 04:42 PM
    Just means you can't use it on your home wi-fi or hotspots. The iPhone doesn't have it either. This was a heated debate a while back. You can read more here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/no-...0-wrong-66254/ By the way where you been?

iphone has wifi
    10-29-08 04:44 PM
    Yeah I was just coming back to correct that. I started thinking...now wait a minute. Can you tell I'm no iPhone FanBoy?
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-29-08 at 05:03 PM.
    10-29-08 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD