Could the Blue tooth be used as a wifi if we do some software modifications?
    Dr.Rico Narang
    [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 03:06 PM
    Umm no. There's no tweak do magically physically add a wifi receiver...

Nice thought though

01-17-09 03:13 PM
    No it couldn't.
    Umm no. There's no tweak do magically physically add a wifi receiver...

Nice thought though

Thank you for your post Dr Ambassador. Your answer is No.
    01-17-09 04:24 PM
    Get the 9520 when it comes out
    01-17-09 04:50 PM
    Nope, notta chance!

01-17-09 04:52 PM
    Why can't we get over the fact that the 9530/9500 does not have Wifi. PERIOD. If you need it that much, get another phone!
    01-17-09 04:53 PM
    WiFi is very important to some of us that live in smaller cities or have areas that get poor signal. I live in Kansas and in some areas it is very poor. Becasue of my job I still need to be able to get e-mails. It would be nice to pop into a coffee shop and pick up my mail. Also, I have been on vacations in places that have very poor reception. Certainly not 3G speed. So again it would be extremely helpful to have the Wifi. With all of that said I still love the Storm. It is my first Blackberry and I am an addict.
    01-17-09 04:54 PM
    Why can't we get over the fact that the 9530/9500 does not have Wifi. PERIOD. If you need it that much, get another phone!
    The good Dr. maybe thought NOBODY thought of this maybe?
    01-17-09 04:54 PM
    Because it's SOO illogical. This phone has and does everything else except wifi. It is simply inconceivable to many people. It's as if a brand new ferrari were missing its stereo. It is not crucial for operation but a seemingly basic and common component.
    01-17-09 04:58 PM
    Because it's SOO illogical. This phone has and does everything else except wifi. It is simply inconceivable to many people. It's as if a brand new ferrari were missing its stereo. It is not crucial for operation but a seemingly basic and common component.
    Very well put. I wouldn't give up a Ferrari if it didn't have a stereo. Everybody around here says just get rid of the phone if you don't like. It isn't that I don't like it is that it could be slightly better. Thank you for the analogy.
    01-17-09 05:07 PM
    If you needed WiFi there were plenty of phones out there with it to buy. It's not like Verizon hid the fact that it wasn't included in this phone.

Kind of like buying that RACING Ferrari and getting pissed off that there is no radio and that the headlights are only stickers.

01-17-09 05:09 PM
    This thread is heading down the wrong path. Closed.
    01-17-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD