Welcome to the review, that will answer the question of many Storm Users and of people who are looking into buying a Storm. This is arguably one of the most discussed topics of the Blackberry Storm. In this review I will be using two devices. These two devices compete against one another. One has WiFi, and the other is on the biggest CDMA network. The two devices are:

iPod Touch 2nd Generation (Running Firmware 2.2.1)
    Verizon Blackberry Storm 9530 (Running OS 4.7.0.103)

The reason I am using an iPod Touch as it is the only handheld device I own with WiFi connectivity. Now during this process, I will test both WiFi and Verizon 3G on a desktop only site (In today’s review I am going to use Dell.com). I will also test it on mobile sites (In today’s review I am going to use m.crackberry.com). However the WiFi will be tested against three different browsers which are compatible with the Blackberry Storm, Opera Mini 4.2., Bolt Browser .86 Beta and the Blackberry Browser 4.7.

Ok first in this review we will test how long it takes for the Blackberry Storm 9530 to go to Dell.com

Blackberry Browser 4.7= 35 seconds
    Bolt Browser .86 Beta= 12 seconds
    Opera Mini 4.2= 6 seconds

WOAH 6 seconds on Opera Mini?! That’s pretty fast for a mobile browser. So far Opera leads, but lets see if WiFi can top the charts. Ok a little bit about my WiFi. Currently I am using Optimum Online, one of the fastest internet services in my area. Ok then we will be using Safari for WiFi connectivity, so ummm lets begin. We are going to Dell.com

WiFi=10 seconds

10 seconds. Well that makes WiFi 2nd in the charts for desktop viewed websites. Which means Opera is the fastest with only 6 seconds to reach Dell.com. Basically we have seen the desktop non-mobile capabilities of WiFi, Blackberry Browser, Bolt Browser and Opera Mini. So now let’s move on to Mobile sites.

Today we are going to use m.crackberry.com, for our mobile site speed. If Opera can take this, them OPERA MINI on Verizon 3G will be the fastest browser for Mobile devices. Alright m.crackberry.com, let’s see how long the Blackberry Storm’s browsers take to load you.

Blackberry Browser 4.7= 2 seconds
    Bolt Browser .86 Beta= 3 seconds
    Opera Mini 4.2= 1 second

1 SECOND?????? WHAT THE?! THAT IS LIKE EPICALLY FAST. WOAH I GOT REALLY SCARED. THAT IS PRETTY FAST. I LIKE TO APPLAUD THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE MINI. Now it is time to do the WiFi.

WiFi= 1 second

1 SECOND?????? WHAT THE?! THAT IS LIKE EPICALLY FAST. WOAH I GOT REALLY SCARED. THAT IS PRETTY FAST. I LIKE TO APPLAUD THE PEOPLE BEHIND WIFI.

Now I have to tell you that Opera Mini 4.2 by far is the fastest browser. Sure WiFi and Opera Mini tied mobile sites, Opera was faster at desktop sites, which makes it arguably the fastest browser around for the Blackberry Storm 9530. HOWEVER, on Bolt Browser it is easier to type in website names. Both are around the same in speed, but Opera can sometimes **** me off, when coming to type sites in the address bar.

Thanks for reading my comparison, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

~TouchBlister
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-29-09 at 03:07 PM. Reason: language
    03-02-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD