There are various posts about best buy on here so if the info is already out there oh well here it is again.

I just did my pre-order with Best Buy. I am making a full retail purchase not a NE2 or new service. Here are the reasons I say go with Best Buy instead of VZW. Let me say this is what I experience at my BB. Your experience should be the same but you never know.

1. Guaranteed to get it on release day.

2. Free BT headset. I already have a BlueAnt but free is free so I'll take it.

3. If there are any mail in rebates offered by vzw they give it to you as instant.

4. The price match. Despite what everyone is saying it will not be more expensive. I will pay whatever vzw is offering it for.

5. Extra discount with BB rewards card. She said I would get $25 off the price if I have a rewards card. Which I do WOOHOO.

6. Free transfer by geek squad $30 value. I don't need it but someone might like that.

So to me this is a huge value that makes it worth while to purchase from BB.
    11-13-08 04:26 PM
    How are you guaranteed? Best Buy wasn't taking preorders for people who were purchasing it for full retail.
    11-13-08 04:28 PM
    How are you guaranteed? Best Buy wasn't taking preorders for people who were purchasing it for full retail.
    thats not true well atleast not with all of the best buys. when i put my preorder in they didnt check my line or the upgrade date. i didnt find out later on they didnt do annual upgrades but when they saw that they still didnt cancel the preorder
    11-13-08 04:30 PM
    Well then I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to do a pre-order haha, as long as full retail there isn't outrageous like that $699.99 price tag they had in their computers a few weeks ago.
    11-13-08 04:31 PM
    I think all those Best Buy threads are from me haha. I'm worried I won't get the phone on launch date. You sure they're supposed to include a free bluetooth and free activation at all Best Buys?
    11-13-08 04:33 PM
    Not true at all. I am buying full retail and had no issues. **Edit - I should make note that I did TELL the rep I was doing a full retail purchase and she said that is fine.

Well then I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to do a pre-order haha, as long as full retail there isn't outrageous like that $699.99 price tag they had in their computers a few weeks ago.
    She did not know what full retail would be but guessed around $500 or $600. Either way it will be the same VZW and if it is too much then you can get your $53 back.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-13-08 at 04:56 PM.
    11-13-08 04:36 PM
    My local VZW already promised me one, with some other cool stuff. It doesn't hurt making the manager your friend.
    11-13-08 04:39 PM
    6. Free transfer by geek squad $30 value. I don't need it but someone might like that.
    Free Transfer. Define "free transfer." Does this mean I can get it on a secondary line and then just go to geek squad and switch it to my line?
    11-13-08 04:45 PM
    But you can still use your NE2 at best buy, correct?
    11-13-08 04:46 PM
    Free Transfer. Define "free transfer." Does this mean I can get it on a secondary line and then just go to geek squad and switch it to my line?
    Sorry was not sure how to put it. This means free transfer of info, aps, data and such from your current phone to the new phone.

I am sure they can do line swap for you as part of that "Free Transfer" but I would ask best buy to find out for sure.

But you can still use your NE2 at best buy, correct?
    I do not see any reason why you would not be able to. I would call best buy to find out for sure. I don't work their or know anyone that works there so I don't know their policies but I feel like I am part owner since I buy so much dang stuff from the place. Ebay and Best Buy are going to be the end of my marriage
    Last edited by Primate; 11-13-08 at 04:55 PM.
    11-13-08 04:48 PM
    For people that are renewing, it is best to go to VZW store and upgrade and not pay the $90-$100 up charge for an upgrade from BB. They screw with renewals by up charging what VZW charges for an upgrade.
    11-13-08 04:51 PM
    Glad I Pre-Ordered my Storm from their! Question though, When I go to pick it up, will they add a line on my family share plan so I get the 2 year contract price.
    11-13-08 04:51 PM
    Glad I Pre-Ordered my Storm from their! Question though, When I go to pick it up, will they add a line on my family share plan so I get the 2 year contract price.
    No Idea. Call them and find out. As FUSIBLE said they can get goofy with setups. I have heard many people say similar things but I have never dealt with them on a contract setup or change. Retail purchases only.

If the rep you are dealing with is at all competent then I would think they could do anything a vzw rep could. But again, I have no idea, it is best to call the store. If they make promises get the reps name and make sure you deal with that rep when you go in to the store.
    Last edited by Primate; 11-13-08 at 05:16 PM.
    11-13-08 05:05 PM
    You get a free bluetooth headset? I hadn't hear that. Do you have any more details?

J
    11-13-08 05:14 PM
    You get a free bluetooth headset? I hadn't hear that. Do you have any more details?

J
    There is an image of the ad with the actual BT headset in one of the threads on here. I think she said it was a $50 value so nothing high end but it is free so who cares

*** Edit - found it here ya go http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...16-22-a-93437/
    11-13-08 05:23 PM
    I wouldn't trust Geek Squad as far as I could throw them they will probably try to sell you anti virus and spyware software....like spysweeper after all it is Geek squad......
    11-13-08 05:44 PM
    I wouldn't trust Geek Squad as far as I could throw them they will probably try to sell you anti virus and spyware software....like spysweeper after all it is Geek squad......
    Do you ever post anything positive? Take you negative remarks to another thread please.
    11-13-08 05:52 PM
    first time poster long time lurker. usually dont post but had to tell you guys about my bb experince. i preorderd first day they were taking them. they wouldnt upgrade me and took my preorder at full retail price. i gave em the 50 bucks anyways. when the news came out today i went to my verizon store, a HUGE one in paramus, nj, home of the NJ malls, and talked to my guy over there. he said **** give me the upgrade price that i knew i was due for, even though bb said i wasnt. then told me there opening an hour early and to come to him when i got there and hed have mine waiting. sweet! i went back to best buy today and cancelled my preorder. the sales guy coulndt believe what i was doing and asked why. i told him about my verizon guy and he was like, it doenst come out on the 21 and its not 249! best buy will be selling them first and were allowed to sell them on the 23rd!! im like umm dude goto vw.com and its right there on the homepage. so he looks it up and hes like wow its gotta be a typo, were not selling them till the 23rd. just a heads up for anyone who ordered from best buy.
    11-13-08 06:28 PM
    first time poster long time lurker. usually dont post but had to tell you guys about my bb experince. i preorderd first day they were taking them. they wouldnt upgrade me and took my preorder at full retail price. i gave em the 50 bucks anyways. when the news came out today i went to my verizon store, a HUGE one in paramus, nj, home of the NJ malls, and talked to my guy over there. he said **** give me the upgrade price that i knew i was due for, even though bb said i wasnt. then told me there opening an hour early and to come to him when i got there and hed have mine waiting. sweet! i went back to best buy today and cancelled my preorder. the sales guy coulndt believe what i was doing and asked why. i told him about my verizon guy and he was like, it doenst come out on the 21 and its not 249! best buy will be selling them first and were allowed to sell them on the 23rd!! im like umm dude goto vw.com and its right there on the homepage. so he looks it up and hes like wow its gotta be a typo, were not selling them till the 23rd. just a heads up for anyone who ordered from best buy.
    Weird, What BBY did you order from? The one on rt 17? or the one at the Plaza?
    11-13-08 06:37 PM
    I don't trust them much either. Wouldn't let them touch my computer...

Do you ever post anything positive? Take you negative remarks to another thread please.
    Congrats Primate! I didn't know you became a moderator.
    11-13-08 06:37 PM
    Weird, What BBY did you order from? The one on rt 17? or the one at the Plaza?
    the one at the plaza. that dude was clueless.
    11-13-08 07:07 PM
    the one at the plaza. that dude was clueless.
    Ahh Ok, I went to the one on rt 17, So far I have had good luck with them.
    11-13-08 08:12 PM
    my best buy called yesterday when the date was announced for the 23rd then again today to tell me the date was fixed to the 21st. now granted the dude i tried calling earlier at bb was one of the clueless guys everybody speaks of but the lady that took my preorder had all the info and details. called verizon when i thought i wasnt getting the phone until the 23rd and the rep told me he didnt know how much stock he was getting and said it was a first come first serve basis starting at 9 which is actually an hr later then they originally open. so judging from my experience i dont care where i get the phone from just so long as i get it the day it comes out
    11-13-08 08:37 PM
    wow.. yea im totally refunding my $50 from Best Buy now.. i guess ill take the risk of the phone getting sold out because i'm definitely not going to pay more than $250
    11-13-08 08:44 PM
    wow.. yea im totally refunding my $50 from Best Buy now.. i guess ill take the risk of the phone getting sold out because i'm definitely not going to pay more than $250
    You won't be able to get it for under $250 unless you are opening a new line or eligible for an upgrade. The $500 - $600 estimate was for full retail not for new service/upgrade. Sorry if I confused you
    11-13-08 09:00 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD