Go to a VZW Corp store they have more leverage and generally more knowledge to get you into a phone. Remember these guys get paid by activations not by the phone they sell. I recommend spending some time with the sales rep at a Corp Store. Befriend one and you will be amazed at what you can get. Plus I know personally my Rep has bent over backwards to help me with ANY problems I have had. Have you ever tried to return an Item at Best Buy not to mention a Cell phone they are a reseller of. IF you can get to corp store. If you can't PM Me and I will give your my reps number.
    11-13-08 06:37 PM
    agreed , go with a vzw rep and he will get the job done !
    11-13-08 06:40 PM
    That's where I'll be getting mine from. If I need a DVD or a CD I'll go to Best Buy.
    11-13-08 06:42 PM
    Didn't want to be too Neg. Thanks for having my back Cap'n
    11-13-08 06:42 PM
    I just don't want to worry about any lines at the Verizon store. I'd rather get it from there but BB apparently does instant rebates and is willing to give appointments for picking up the phone. It's much more convenient and there's always a huge wait in my local Verizon store in general. The only thing I'm worried about is if Best Buy is getting it the same day.
    11-13-08 06:46 PM
    Didn't want to be too Neg. Thanks for having my back Cap'n
    No prob. I just don't appreciate self appointed moderators.
    11-13-08 06:47 PM
    Yeah no doubt!!!!
    11-13-08 06:48 PM
    I will take a Verizon corp store over Best Buy any day for my phone purchases. I do not like the fact that there are so many problems with some stores giving you the NE2 price and some not. Shouldn't it be the same? Why should you have to talk to a store manager to get this "Price Match"? What kind of policy is this, they are basically taking advantage of uniformed customers. Would you send your mother in there to get a new phone, renew her contract and trust they will give her the BEST deal possible and help her make an informed decision? I hope not!
    11-13-08 07:31 PM
    Touche and well said eth
    11-13-08 07:34 PM
    I'm not even going to go to a VZW franchise store. I have gotten STELLAR service at the corp stores. At the franchise stores they give me the impression I'm bothering them. At Best Buy I feel like I'm at the frat house. ("Yo dude, when you rockin' this phone you be pimpin'! Know what I'm sayin'? Up high... up high!")
    11-13-08 07:45 PM
    Also read all the threads about clueless dudes in blue shirts. Reminds me of that commercial years ago that ran against best buy when someone asked a blue shirter what surround sound is and he pointed at a box. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 08:02 PM
    Does Best Buy Corporate tell their employees to act like that? (The frat house stuff I mean.) Like, regardless of the store I go to they all seem to act like that.

I'm 41. I grew up in the 80's... Fast Times at Ridgemont High and all that. My friends all call each other dude... we still do to this day. Now... I'm sorry, but when I'm about to drop $2K on a TV and a 20 year old Blue Shirter says to me "dude... check it out..." it just doesn't feel right.
    11-13-08 08:14 PM
    its almost like self promotion of verizon stores for some reason. if the store you go to has knowledgeable people then its a win win situation. ive been to verizon stores where the reps were clueless same with best buys. as long as you get the phone and your plan is good then who cares
    11-13-08 08:33 PM
    its almost like self promotion of verizon stores for some reason. if the store you go to has knowledgeable people then its a win win situation. ive been to verizon stores where the reps were clueless same with best buys. as long as you get the phone and your plan is good then who cares
    All this talk about the corp stores vs. BB. Anyone think the Circuit City Kiosks or the ones in BJ's might have any deals going on?
    11-13-08 08:36 PM
    not to to mention best buy charges about $100 more for retail than Verizon would!! Yep give me the verizon store anyday!!!
    11-13-08 08:40 PM
    not to to mention best buy charges about $100 more for retail than Verizon would!! Yep give me the verizon store anyday!!!
    funny, when i decided to switch from nextel to verizon best buy gave me 80 less for a phone then the corporate store thats near me. again its a bit redundant to see people trying to talk down a store like its a bad choice. circuit city, best buy or even the small cell shops who sell all carriers, its all good
    11-13-08 08:47 PM
    while I agree there are some that are clueless, there are ones who do know what they are talking about and I trust what they say. what is it that we need corporate folks for with this transaction? how to use the device? im sure most on these threads know more than a vzw rep. all I want is someone to sell me the phone, not explain it. and to not have to wait 6 weeks for a 50.00 gift card and no lines and no wondering if i'll get mine is completely worth it.

11-13-08 08:50 PM
    while I agree there are some that are clueless, there are ones who do know what they are talking about and I trust what they say. what is it that we need corporate folks for with this transaction? how to use the device? im sure most on these threads know more than a vzw rep. all I want is someone to sell me the phone, not explain it. and to not have to wait 6 weeks for a 50.00 gift card and no lines and no wondering if i'll get mine is completely worth it.

I completely agree.
    11-13-08 08:52 PM
    The only thing I can add to this discussion, is that originally I had looked at the Curve I have now, at a certain popular wireless chain who is an "authorized" Verizon agent.
    I've probably been served better professional treatment in a biker bar filled with heroin addicts and gangbangers.
    Answers to questions stumbled over, no clue on plan options beyond whatever flavor of the week the poor kid was trying to push, and to boot - trying to sell me a phone/plan for nearly $70.00 MORE than what the Verizon store was going to hook me up with?

Oh,Nooo - I don't think so!
    Personally, had nothing but good experences in corporate stores and deals you're not going to get with some agent working out of a Mall somewhere.
    11-13-08 09:07 PM
    i went to best buy tonight...just to see the deal...they are selling em for 199 straight out...but for me to use my VIP 50 dollars off it means I cannot but the 50 down and guarantee me a phone on launch day. I really didnt see the point in that at all so I told them I'd be making my purchase day of at Verizon then
    11-13-08 09:08 PM
    After having worked at a big box retailer like BestBuy, I can tell you that the training for employees on items like this is marginal, if it exists at all. My job required me to spy on competitors like BB, and I frequently found their employees lacking in product knowledge. This does not apply to all employees- there are some who really care and become knowledgeable, helpful sales people. Unless they worked for Circuit City- then they were let go. Look how well that worked out for CC.
    11-13-08 09:14 PM
    I guess I'm luck then because the Mobile Dept. Manager seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the Storm and what he can do with verizon's services. Granted, if I didn't know much about the phone or the plan I intend on getting, then I can understand going to a verizon store. But, I have been to some of the stores that have clueless folks there too. There is no inflation on this phone in terms of pricing. That much is certain. I have verified it through Best Buy's 800 number. 199.99 minus my 50.00 deposit. You can still go to a corporate store to get service, accessories, etc. It's not like you are limited to Best Buy. And it helps to make managers at Best Buy your friends too.
    11-13-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD