I text and do everything perfectly fine on my storm. I find it to suit my needs perfectly although it gives me a problem that makes me want to throw my phone against a brick wall.

Once in a while, when im texting a friend of mine who is on vzw the check will come up verifying it was sent but it will take hours sometimes for the D signaling the text was delivered. This gets me beyond angry because all the useless texts get send quick and speedy but when I ask something important that requires a quick response is when it will do this to me which makes me FURIOUS!!

So im fully aware the Delivered signal appears only for vzw customers, and when I text others who are not on vzw the message is sent instantly. I have tried resending it, checking my browser to make sure im in a spot that can recieve data and it still will not work.This leaves me puzzled as to why it takes FOREVER to text other people on vzw but not anybody else.

So if anyone has any idea why this is happening, and if there is anything I can do that will fix this problem im more than willing to listen. Thank you crackberry.
    03-30-09 04:55 PM
    have you tried updating your towers using *228 and option 2?
    03-30-09 05:12 PM
    Ive never even heard of that before, but I will definitely try it when it happens again, the last texts were eventually sent out but it took around 30-45 min
    03-30-09 05:14 PM
    do you experience this only with the one friend or a lot of vzw people you text? it might just be your friends phone also...when people have issues with sending or recieving, sometimes they instantly assume its them, and not the other person. *228 only updates roaming tables, but if it's really REALLY old it will help. otherwise it won't make a difference. i'd say call vzw tech support, and they'll check the message registery and see where the delay is caused, and refresh the connection.
    03-30-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD