I notice my Storm has the same two earpiece speaker configuration as the Bold. Does this improve the sound quality? I can't think of another reason to have it and haven't found any discussion about it.
    11-23-08 10:37 AM
    stereo? louder?
    11-23-08 10:39 AM
    I notice my Storm has the same two earpiece speaker configuration as the Bold. Does this improve the sound quality? I can't think of another reason to have it and haven't found any discussion about it.
    It is for noise canceling. Go use it in a noisy area and you will understand.
    11-23-08 10:56 AM
    What is a two earpiece speaker configuration???
    11-23-08 11:14 AM
    What is a two earpiece speaker configuration???
    There is one earpiece speaker on the front of the phone and a smaller one on top of the phone, between the mute and lock buttons.
    11-23-08 11:16 AM
    I never noticed the one on the top of the phone. Thanks for pointing that out.

What exactly is the top speaker for? Does it play in conjunction with the one on the back of the phone when have speakerphone enabled or something?
    11-23-08 11:21 AM
    I know on my curve, the "speaker" on the top of the phone is just an outlet for the sound from the speaker that points directly out from the back to resonate out of. So it's less of a speaker and more of a resonator.
    11-23-08 11:26 AM
    The top one should actually be a second mic, not a second earpiece. You speak into the main mic on the bottom; the top mic picks up ambient noise/wind. The phone does some processing with both audio sources and abracadabra... you have noise cancellation.
    11-23-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD