I have been using my Storm for about a year now and really like it. I was looking for a way to filter emails. I found the add filter in my email set up but could not figure out how to use it. I also searched these forums for answers but found partial help. Some posts talk about using their BIS account. On my BB i just set my email up and it works fine. I use google apps. gmail that my work set up. In that account i have filters that move my emails to labels. On my storm these same emails come through. My questions are:

1. can i use the built in filter on the BB? to filter my gmail? if so how?
    2. why would i want to set up a BIS account? what are the advantages?

Storm 9530 OSv5.0.0.419

thanks!
    02-05-10 02:09 PM
    I just read a thread about BOTH POP AND IMAP being enabled causing filtered emails from gmail going to BB inbox. It seems that by disabling POP may solve this issue. In my gmail settings no POP preferences were set so i clicked "Disable POP". Now i'll wait until tomorrow to see if this solved my issue.
    02-05-10 02:51 PM
    Bis is what blackberrys use to get the net and push email. You already have a bis account if you have net and are getting your email there is really nothing you need to setup its automatic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 04:34 AM
    Bis is what blackberrys use to get the net and push email. You already have a bis account if you have net and are getting your email there is really nothing you need to setup its automatic.

exactly....i am guessing you have it and done know it
    02-06-10 09:15 AM
    I think the OP means the BIS account on the internet not just BIS. Its just another way to send service books and control the email accounts in the phone.

02-06-10 10:09 AM
    PIN or PM me and I can help you with your E-mail filters. The layout RIM uses is a little extreme and difficult for something that should be so simple.
    02-06-10 11:38 AM
    I figured out how to use the filters on the BB email in setup. How do i get the Google filters to work with my BB? I disabled POP, anything else i could check?
    02-15-10 11:16 AM
    I have two inboxes one from my google account and the other I don't know where it is from. In my google inbox it uses the google filters etc. In the other inbox I get all messages and see emails I sent. What is this other inbox from? How can I set it up to use my google filters?

02-16-10 12:39 PM
    I have two inboxes one from my google account and the other I don't know where it is from. In my google inbox it uses the google filters etc. In the other inbox I get all messages and see emails I sent. What is this other inbox from? How can I set it up to use my google filters?

Is one of them called "Messages" and the other "[email protected]"?. The messages one is the collective of all your e-mails on the phone, if you would like to simply use the separate one just for the g-mail to be able to use the filters, hide the one called messages.
    02-16-10 01:06 PM
    Yes that is correct I called "Messages" the other is my google account. I did hide "Messages" but how can I get messages in one or the other?

02-16-10 01:54 PM
    Yes that is correct I called "Messages" the other is my google account. I did hide "Messages" but how can I get messages in one or the other?

You can't, everything will always deliver to messages, even if it is hidden or not.
    02-16-10 01:56 PM
    ok thanks! Ill keep tweaking my google account and see what happens

02-16-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD